Saleen front bumper vs Cobra front bumper

ReplicaR

Reaction score
So lately I've been contemplating getting a Saleen bumper instead of my Cobra front bumper. Part of the reason is that the Saleen kit is absolutely flat at the bottom, so it will allow for an easier design and installation of a splitter, and the opening are larger as well, which means more air into radiator as well. The downside is money obviously, since I have to get a new part and then paint and install it, and I've seen quite a few Saleen front bumpers where the center bottom radiator opening is sagging. Seems to be an issue with those. Thoughts on this?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about the same thing. If your cobra bumper is oem you could probably get a good amount for it if you wanted to sell. I figure if the center part begins to sag just a simple length of aluminum L stock supporting it would solve the issue

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Yeah, the bumper is OEM, which is another reason I'm hesitant to take it off.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cobra > Saleem

Figure out a way to get a splitter to work
[MENTION=17526]Poxenham[/MENTION] needs to get going on a cobra splitter...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I'd leave it just based on a financial standpoint. I mean if you didn't like the look of the Cobra or liked the look of the Saleen one a lot more I could see it but just for the reasons you mentioned I don't think its worth it. I feel like if the bumper worked on the Cobra R i feel like it should suffice.

Caboose302

Reaction score
Oh good Lord there goes my money...
Is it just me or is that cut on the front a little rough? Could be the lighting maybe?

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Is it just me or is that cut on the front a little rough? Could be the lighting maybe?

The cut does looks like it's not completely smooth yes. That's probably because he cut it himself freehand. I believe the FTR kit is the frame that sits behind the bumper. You provide/make your own splitter.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The cut does looks like it's not completely smooth yes. That's probably because he cut it himself freehand. I believe the FTR kit is the frame that sits behind the bumper. You provide/make your own splitter.
Kit contents: 1x Tubular front bumper 4x Support rods 1x Paper splitter template & CAD file (emailed to you) 4x Bumper grommets 1x Tow hook (optional) Detailed installation instructions

hotmustang95

Reaction score
You ever consider going the cobra R route instead? Has four large holes and built in splitter. My buddy had a cobra bumper with the team shinoda spoiler like mine and he made his own splitter.

Here it is before he painted it blue. You can see the homemade splitter.

Then he switches to the R bumper. Easier to work with. He added a piece of lightweight panel underneath the bumper to as if there was a splitter.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Not a big fan of how the Cobra R front end looks like on a non New Edge car... doesn't work with any lines at all.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of just the Saleen front bumpers on cars. They seem so out of place without the full kit. Hell, to me they look out of place if the kit is just missing the door pieces.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Cobra > Saleem

Figure out a way to get a splitter to work
Poxenham needs to get going on a cobra splitter...

It already does ;)

Yeah it was rough in the picture. Taken right after we fit it the first time. However as [MENTION=15115]hotmustang95[/MENTION] said, the kit is everything but the splitter itself, but it comes with a template. We're toying with the idea of partnering with a company to actually produce the splitter portion so people can buy it straight up and require no fabrication.

myk

Reaction score
Keep the Cobra bumper-the finance part of your post is the deciding factor IMO, as it's just not worth it. Your car looks great as it is and it would be better to just figure out the splitter later.

Now for the Blue SN with the 'R front end, let's see some more pics of that...

Caboose302

Reaction score
It already does ;)

Yeah it was rough in the picture. Taken right after we fit it the first time. However as [MENTION=15115]hotmustang95[/MENTION] said, the kit is everything but the splitter itself, but it comes with a template. We're toying with the idea of partnering with a company to actually produce the splitter portion so people can buy it straight up and require no fabrication.
I really like how that looks. Just not sure how it would look on an orange car. Looks sick on white though. I'll have to play around with some pictures and see how it looks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online