Saleen or Roush?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to pick up a new project and have decided to look for a Saleen or Roush.

If I stay early SN (96-98) I will go with a Saleen because they are just dead sexy.

If I go with a New Edge I will open up the search for both Saleen and Roush.

I want to stay 2V because I have a lot of money in 2V engine parts etc and I just like them.

For me;

Pros- 96-98 = most of my existing parts swap over including my export goodies.

Pros 99-04= my engine parts swap over but a lot of things will have to be sold.... IRS is a direct bolt in though!!!!

SN Saleen
5p1puu.jpg

33zbq61.jpg

New Edge Saleen

Roush

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The one major issue I am finding is price on Saleens. Some owners are asking for the moon and a boat load of cash. Roush owners seem to be more in tune with reality.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Tough choice, but I like the pros on the 96-98 so that's where my votes going.

Since we are near the same area I will keep an eye out for ya, if anything interesting pops up near me you will be the first to know.

lutter94

Reaction score
Did I hear once that Roush's vin check as Mustang GT's? Since its kind of an aftermarket package? If thats the case, could explain Saleen value being higher....

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If getting a 99+ gets me those amber corners, then I'll vote for that.

Otherwise, 94-98 saleen > 99-04 saleen > 99-04 roush

In terms of looks at least. For a fun platform, the 99-04 saleen would be great.

1bad95

Reaction score
I gotta say 94-98 Saleen, but I am biased

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sinned83

Reaction score
You see far less of the roush vehicles. I love the 94-04 saleen cars but I find them far less appealing because of all the fakes

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Personally I like the body of the Saleens better, but the Roush side exhaust is badass.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I like the body of the Saleens better, but the Roush side exhaust is badass.

That is what keeps drawing me to the 99-04 Roush cars.

Plus I keep hearing Roush built better products and did better R&D on their designs.

S351SC

Reaction score
from an aesthetics standpoint the 99+ Roush and Saleens are very comparable in my opinion, especially a stage 3 Roush. Same for performance. For '94-'98 I'd say its the Saleen (though perhaps I'm biased :grin: ). The Roush for those years look a bit "bloated" with the ground effects tacked on to the factory bumpers (unlike Saleen). My personal opinion overall would be to go with the Saleen. Yes they're more money upfront, but they'd have a better resale value too. Part of the reason for that is Saleens are more widely known. And I believe the research thing too, Roush has been involved with Ford Racing in one way or another continuously for at least 2 decades. Having said that I put my money where my mouth was so to speak and went with the Saleen for '94-'98 body styles. For '99+ excluding the S351 I'd consider the Roush Stage 3 for its looks and power. So I suppose what I'm saying is if you do the 94 body style go Saleen, if you do a '99+ 2 valve you're gonna modify the Roush would not be a bad choice. Just comes down to personal preference in looks since you're going to be modifying anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online