Saleen or Roush?

Mustanger

Reaction score
Saleens are KBB & Nada recognized, Jack never bothered to do the required procedures, so they have more value...but easier to buy a Roush! It was proven that the New Edge Saleens "fudged" their Dyno numbers quite a bit & Roush always made more HP no matter the catalog specs. Yes I am prejudiced in favor of Roush! I am still building my Tribute... and it brings in lots of positive comments & awards. I now like it better than any newer one. They are few & far between.

Burnin%20Rubber_1.jpg

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
You see far less of the roush vehicles.
You're correct, very rare but there must be a reason.

I love the 94-04 saleen cars but I find them far less appealing because of all the fakes
We copy out of respect for the brand. To take a real Saleen and modify it to the extent I have, wasn't worth the investment and the re-sale value is higher if left original. But I respect your opinion but wanted to share my view as an a Saleen enthusiast and an owner of a Faleen, Carbon Copy or as some people like to say "tribute car".

04DarkShadowGT

Reaction score
The Saleen designs imo are much better than the Roush, even the 99-04 Roush cars. Saleen to me had always been the pinnacle of the mustang. That is no longer the case but was until the SVT boys really started getting serious in 2004.

You can find both cars for not a lot of money from what I have seen. SN95 Saleens unless a special model seem to be much cheaper than new edge cars.

SN95 Saleens are simply a thing of beauty. One of the best looking Mustangs ever.

Only thing with Saleen is make sure your insurance provides the additional coverage over a base GT and keep in mind parts are getting harder to find. I would imagine Roush would have better parts support.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a tribute car at all and your car is rad [MENTION=9170]Michael Plummer[/MENTION] I failed to mention my issue is more so with the fakes that the owner try's to pass off as legit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online

No members online now.