Saleen wheels?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
at some point putting as wide of a tire as possible just hinders the whole purpose of having enough contact. unless you require it due to insane amounts of horsepower. cause imo it looks terrible to have crazy sidewall bulge. so why do it unless like i said, you need it lol?

jedpony

Reaction score
+1 on needing atleast a 11inch wide rim to run a 335. Ive got bulge with 305 35 18 toyos on my 18X10. Too much bulge is just stupid and no purpose with unused rubber not touching the road. Also will handle like crap in the corners. Id give Cruizin Concepts a call as well and see if they have them in stock. If not id run a 305 on a 10inch wide wheel. I highly recommend toyo r888s.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
at some point putting as wide of a tire as possible just hinders the whole purpose of having enough contact. unless you require it due to insane amounts of horsepower. cause imo it looks terrible to have crazy sidewall bulge. so why do it unless like i said, you need it lol?

Oh to tony what are we going to do with you....Read what you just wrote

hahahahah

hottwheels04

Reaction score
try stage 3 motorsports,thats where I bought my saleen rims from they have every size in stock both 17's and 18's

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Oh to tony what are we going to do with you....Read what you just wrote

hahahahah
extremely wide tires are for traction correct? if you have a 10" wheel and 345's with 205hp it would defeat the purpose of having wide tires in the rear they're too big and heavy. not to mention look like ass.

95opal

Reaction score
Worst case scenario you can get them widened... Which is $$$$

As long as the offset will allow for the additional inch without any interference with the rear suspension. Weld craft will do them for a decent price, a lot cheaper than buying 2 new wheels.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Worst case scenario you can get them widened... Which is $$$$

I was thinking weldcraft. I read there FAQ section and part of me says its not worth it because they will ruin the finish on the chrome since thats what I want.

try stage 3 motorsports,thats where I bought my saleen rims from they have every size in stock both 17's and 18's

Yeah there are alot of websites that sell the 18x9/10 staggered size. I'm just going to give in and get that. I hit up Last Call racing, and Cruzin in a email. Last Call said they ran out of the 10.5 rims. :(

+1 on needing atleast a 11inch wide rim to run a 335. Ive got bulge with 305 35 18 toyos on my 18X10. Too much bulge is just stupid and no purpose with unused rubber not touching the road. Also will handle like crap in the corners. Id give Cruizin Concepts a call as well and see if they have them in stock. If not id run a 305 on a 10inch wide wheel. I highly recommend toyo r888s.

Thanks Evan. I really dislike bulge. Do the 10" wide rims sit flush with the fender are you going to need a spacer. I am definitely getting Toyos, I love those tires. How do the R888's handle in the down pour?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I found this on svtp but he is running 18x10 saleens with 295/30/18's with a 1/2" spacer and it sits perfectly flush
dscf0657c.jpg

Win

Legend
Reaction score
extremely wide tires are for traction correct? if you have a 10" wheel and 345's with 205hp it would defeat the purpose of having wide tires in the rear they're too big and heavy. not to mention look like ass.

I understood what you said if you have to put a extremely wide tire on a 10" wheel.... There is a reason manufacturers didn't put a 345 on there... You said unless you have to... You should never put that wide of a tire on a 10" wide wheel it defeats every purpose.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
As long as the offset will allow for the additional inch without any interference with the rear suspension. Weld craft will do them for a decent price, a lot cheaper than buying 2 new wheels.

Very true.. Most wheels won't ... I wouldn't want to widen a wheel like a saleen wheel that has a 30mm offset for the 18x10 to make it 11 you would have to run a spacer... If your putting down serious power youll spend the money and get some wheels that are correct.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I found this on svtp but he is running 18x10 saleens with 295/30/18's with a 1/2" spacer and it sits perfectly flush
dscf0657c.jpg

it looks like a little bit larger then a 1/2 spacer.... Maybe he is running a 99-04 axle. Reason I say that it I have the OEM 18x10 with 30mm offset and by adding a 1/2 spacer which I could since I have a set in the toolbox won't bring it that flush.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
it looks like a little bit larger then a 1/2 spacer.... Maybe he is running a 99-04 axle. Reason I say that it I have the OEM 18x10 with 30mm offset and by adding a 1/2 spacer which I could since I have a set in the toolbox won't bring it that flush.

I know mine and I think most other rep 18x10 wheels are +22 offset

jedpony

Reaction score
Mine sit flush. The r888s do really good in the rain. I was amazingly surprised. On the way to carlisle this year it was an absolute downpour with standing water. I had no trouble doing 75+, meanwhile my dad had trouble staying on the road with his 315 nitto nt555.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
dscf0657c.jpg

Thats the look I am going for, and down the road the car is going to have 550/600rwhp+

Mine sit flush. The r888s do really good in the rain. I was amazingly surprised. On the way to carlisle this year it was an absolute downpour with standing water. I had no trouble doing 75+, meanwhile my dad had trouble staying on the road with his 315 nitto nt555.

The tread design looked really good, it looks like it moves water away from the center of the tire which I like. Tires are so important on these cars, wrong tires could mean crashing your baby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online