Saleen wing.

martinbaca18

Reaction score
Does anyone know the weigh of these Saleen wings? I would take mine off and weigh but owner installed the wing and basically permanently on the trunk lid.
7d268055db9755ad2ca5d13b2fb6e899.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I wouldn't imagine more than a few pounds. Mine has to be less than 5 if I had to guess. The new edge saleen wing looks bigger than mine, but if it's fiberglass it still can't weigh more than 5. I could still be way off though

cameron57

Reaction score
I would guess 5 pounds also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
martinbaca18

martinbaca18

Reaction score
Ok. I thought it would be about around 10 lb because when I lift the trunk lid the struts can't hold up the weight. I got hit on the head so many times because that

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Probably time for new trunk struts... I'd buy them first before I took that wing off

OP
OP
martinbaca18

martinbaca18

Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to replace them after I buy more important stuff for the mustang. Like an intercooler for my Vortech! Ha ha

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well ya know the other thing that doesn't help the situation is how far it hangs over the edge. I would imagine that it is fine on level ground with it straight up but as soon as that lip is just a fraction over 90 degrees gravity is already having its way with it.

How about you have a upholsterer make a nice pillow to go on the bottom of the spoiler lip so it will not hurt your head as much when it falls?

chris91

Reaction score
If it's a real Saleen spoiler it doesn't weigh much at all and made of urethane. They are actually really thin. Just added mine last summer. My trunk struts were fine with the old GT spoiler, like Scott said it's because all the weight of the spoiler is so far back off the lid. Mine falls now too.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as much as I love the look if my car was beating up on me and leaving marks it might be a deal breaker :)

cameron57

Reaction score
Just wear a helmet lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just wear a helmet lol

I think I am going to make a line of either sock/ski hats for the winter, or skull hats for the summer with a large padded "SALEEEEEN" logo wrapping around it for protection.

cameron57

Reaction score
I think I am going to make a line of either sock/ski hats for the winter, or skull hats for the summer with a large padded "SALEEEEEN" logo wrapping around it for protection.
That would be the only way to do it!

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
My first car was an '87 crx and that was one heavy azz hatch. I bought parts store struts and they slowed it down some so it didn't hurt as much when it hit your head but I never could get it to stay up. So I carried a about a 3' 2x4 w me to prop it up., Twas embarrassing. But anyway as far as removing the weight to go faster, it's hardly worth messing with. What's the rule of thumb, -100lbs is about -.1 in the 1/4 mile? If new struts don't work, carry a 2x4 with a notch cut in it with you... Maybe paint it black...
Ps: the best weight reduction for a daily driver? Cigarettes and coffee.

Don't Sext and Drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online