Sap removal? I think lol

FORDY9ER

Reaction score

Hey y'all, my dad has a 1988 Nissan pathfinder which has probably never been cleaned and detailed properly so I was thinking I'd give it a nice bath. But before I do anything, what is this and how the hell do I get it off? I'm pretty sure it's built up sap and dirt from sitting under a tree.

BlackStallion

Reaction score
Well... wash it first with a good automotive shampoo to get the loose crap off...

if it's still there... chances are that paint is oxidized as hell. If there's a little bit, a clay bar might be able to get it off. If there's a ton of it left, if it were mine I'd take to it with microfiber rags and a 5 gallon container of lacquer thinner lol

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
As much as I aplaud you for wanting to something nice for your Dad. Your really wasting your money, time, and energy.
He's obviously not a car guy because he let it get to that state in the first place. You know he's probably not going to keep it clean afterwards and going to continue to park under the same tree. So in 6 months it will be back to looking the same way.

Some people just are not car people and don't care about keeping it clean or making improvements. Some care even less than that and don't pop the hood unless there is noises or smoke rolling out from under it.

"Wash the car? bah! It gets washed everytime it rains"
I'll step off the soap box now. rant over.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Dude that's a dirty mutha fuggin car. Looks like lots of grime and who knows what else. I'd mix car wash concentrate and a small amount of APC this method is commonly used to strip wax and cut through grime. Good luck! we want before and afters. Don't forget to decontaminate yourself after.

OP
OP
F

FORDY9ER

Reaction score
alright, so first step, wash it haha should have thought of doing that before I posted. but y'all will definitely be getting some before and after pictures! I guess ill take it do a do it yourself car wash first with their pressure washer then use some down and some elbow grease.

the problem is that it wont be until next week now since I fell into some trouble with my car :(

but to CC'S95GT, I am washing his car cause it was my dads very first "brand new" car he bought off the lot and my very first car i drove and learn how to drive a stick on. So i guess its more of a sentimental thing than him being a car guy thing lol