Save max rpm on a 2001 ford mustang GT 2v

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hi all I've had a chance to play with the diabolospot I1000 tuner and have noticed that I can raise the max rpm limit to 8,000 rpm plus (I don't intend in running it that high).
Was just wondering what the safe max rpm limit is on a stock internal 2v V8 romeo engine?

Silver95bird

Reaction score
The rods get sketchy at 6500, but honestly the PI intake isn't much good over 5500. Id probably set mine at like 6300 and shift at 6000. YMMV.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
OK while it has been brought up, I have been looking to fit some stage 3 cams but can the stock bottom end be up to the extra rpm the cams will give?
Plus I love the idle sound them cams give

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
OK while it has been brought up, I have been looking to fit some stage 3 cams but can the stock bottom end be up to the extra rpm the cams will give?
Plus I love the idle sound them cams give

I would be more worried about PTC and updating the valve springs at this point.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
The valve springs would be replace but would i have to notice the pistons?
Is there any other way to get that sweet old school V8 hunting sound when the engine is at idle and be for someone mentions it no I'm not just going to pull the IVA hose off and cause a vacuum leak

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
It does get old when every thread gets turned into modular vs pushrod, by a moderator. Let's keep things on track for once?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It does get old when every thread gets turned into modular vs pushrod, by a moderator. Let's keep things on track for once?

Does that make you the pot or the kettle?? [emoji38]

Op you can’t easily get that sound with a mod motor. It is possible but it is a lot more involved. There is some mild cam kits as snake horse pointed out that he had and he didn’t have to clearance the pistons but most of the can upgrades will require you to notch the dish’s.

How far are you willing to go just for that sound???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver95bird

Reaction score
a radical cam can fit if it's properly degreed. most either dont want to buy the adjustable timing set or spend the time to do it though.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Long story short I like making old slow cars go fast, my last project was a 1971 1600cc VW Beetle that had a stock 0-60 time of around 16 ish seconds. By the time I had finished I had that bug doing 0_100 mph in under 10 seconds with a little help of 20 psi boost and and at least £8,000 in the engine set up. Then I thought why am I playing around with little toys when I could get my dream car and throw £8,000 at its engine . I have so many planes for this mustang but not to sure on what direction to go.
Do I fitt air ride and slam it at shows?
Do I fit nitrous
Fit a turbo or charger
Do I do a carburettor swap or keep it as its?

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Yes because your mod motors sound like this......

And there’s a reason Ford is bringing the pushrod back.

Just like a push rod they can sound like that. I've heard some 2V's with more lope than that. And I recently met someone with a 3V that sounds nasty. It's possible with a 4V, but it ain't cheap and the sound isn't always worth the cost.

I'm sure Ford bringing back the pushrod has more to do with cost than a cool sounding idle.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just like a push rod they can sound like that. I've heard some 2V's with more lope than that. And I recently met someone with a 3V that sounds nasty. It's possible with a 4V, but it ain't cheap and the sound isn't always worth the cost.

I'm sure Ford bringing back the pushrod has more to do with cost than a cool sounding idle.

My cam was anything but radical. But it had a nice lope to it. You can find plenty of pushrods running a bit more compression and a bit more separation that hit super hard.

Yes there is mods that hit hard but far and few in between.

And ford brought the pushrod back after watching the ls and hemis do it with great success for many years. My point was towards white and his saying my thinking is old fashioned. A large cubic inch pushrod is still hard to beat when done right, even by today’s standards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online