Saw an awesome spot to take pics, so I had to pull over and take a few....

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by The Green GT, Aug 3, 2007.

1. The Green GT

The Green GT Active Member

Well I was driving down the road today in this beautiful weather we are having in LA. And I saw this great spot to take some pics, so I had to pull over and snap a few. :) *

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was driving down the road going about 65 and I could see there was rain up ahead, so once I started getting a drizzle on me I took my foot off the gas to slow down, cause it was getting bad fast. Well I was probably going about 55-60 when I felt my rear end slide to the left. I turn the wheel to correct it but it happened so fast it was already too late. I went backwards and was going towards the right side of the road, which had a steep ditch and would have probably made me flip. But I was actually able to do a half assed reverse 180 and go sideways into the median. You should have heard what I was screaming. :rant: I saw there were no cars coming behind me so I trued to back out, because it wasnt that steep on that side, but up front it was steep as hell. I backed up and it started spinning after a foot or two, so I went forward and started rocking it, but I eventually just got stuck. :(

Well I didnt want to get out because it was literally POURING down outside. So I called my mom and told them to talk to their buddy who has a wrecker because I didnt have any cash on me. Then I called 911 and they said someone had already called and a cop was on the way.

Well, not one, but TWO cops passed right by me. And I was very visible. lol I went in the median at 5:10. Cops didnt get there till about 5:45 and the wrecker didnt get there till about 6:30. I was checking out my car the whole time looking for any thing messed up but luckily I got away with out a scratch. just a dirty car and some grass around the axle. And there were tadpoles swimming around my front tire. lol.

Im glad I didnt mess up my car or me though.

2. rick focks

rick focks Legend

wow that suckz, coulda been a lot worse though...

3. The Green GT

Yea, it could have been alot worse. If I wouldnt have gotten it sideways I would have kept rolling and went into oncoming traffic, and if noone would have hit me I would have kept going into a deeper ditch filled with trees.

4. Magic

Magic Well-Known Member

glad everything was alright!!!

5. Convertible 5.0

Convertible 5.0 Member

Thank God it wasn't worse. You should give some knee mail.

6. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

Glad your car is alright at least you didn't have a repair bill. oh and glad you didn't get hurt lol

7. thorco3

thorco3 Well-Known Member

that sounds scarely out milar to my accident back in january... unfortunately my car was totalled. glad you and your car made it out unscathed.

8. brwillms

brwillms Active Member

You are a blessed individual

9. 95-stang

95-stang Well-Known Member

The underside might need a scrub. ;)

10. Mustanger

Mustanger Well-Known Member

I know what those lil rain storms can do in LA!!! They are unreal at times. Think about your big tires on the car...they will hydroplane in a heartbeat in the wet! I know of many Mustangs that have been totaled out due to this. I only drive mine on dry days here but that's easy as it is dry here most of the summer...not daily rain squalls like in your area. Of course you get pretty green fields while ours are dry & brown!

I don't have any advice & am just glad you AND the car came out ok. Whew! What a feeling huh?

11. Whistler98

Whistler98 Active Member

If you whould've of had the stock 4x4 suspension still on there it would have been alright. lol Glad to see you got away without a scratch that could've been bad. Get that thing cleaned up.

12. sanchezcruz_20

sanchezcruz_20 Member

Hope the wrecker didn't screw anything up pulling you out!

What tires you running? Just curious, cuz I'm gonna need some soon and I want to be able to drive my car around in the rain sometimes.

13. SMOKE

SMOKE Active Member

LOl ... exactly. Glad it turned out more non-event than life changing!!!!

14. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

yup :boink: glad your OK :angel:

15. eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough Legend

You are lucky! Nice location though.

16. The Green GT

Im changing my tranny fluid and u-joints this weekend, so Ill get it good.

And the fact that the middle of my tires are completely bald didnt help. lol. I have one Nitto 555R sitting in my room. Im just waiting for the other.

I told myself the exact same thing and laughed when I got out of the car. lol

No, he just put a hook around the rear and pulled it out fine. No damage. He was bitching about how much he hates low cars though. lol

And I run Sumitomo HTR-Z's. They do fine in the rain untill they are getting bald. mine have a 3 inch slick strip in the middle. ???

17. Late4Work

Late4Work Well-Known Member

It could have been alot worse......i think driver skill helped......what do u think

18. rick focks

rick focks Legend

sounds like it...

19. scarface

scarface Guest

wow...you are lucky

20. Twista

Twista Legend

when i first looked at your pictures i asked :dunno: "why the hell did he take pictures in the middle of the freeway"

oooo, but man im glad your okay and the pony. :)