Saying hey from Baltimore

MdStang

Reaction score
New guy to the Mustang scene and the SN family! I have always been a big Mustang fan, but never owned one until now. Average mechanic skills and below average access to shop/garage. I like to play with cars and know as much as I can about them before I make decisions on changes/upgrades. Just picked up a 98 GT, with 129k, and in decent shaped from what I can see so far. I appreciate if you all accept my "newbieness" and questions that I'm sure I'll have! I will try to chime in with as much help as I can provide as well.

RideOn

1bad95

Reaction score
welcome! glad to see another md person here!

OP
OP
MdStang

MdStang

Reaction score
Welcome. What's its current mods?

Thanks everybody for the love!!! I am still trying to figure everything out that this car has....but after reading some things, and doing some digging....here is what I came up with that is done.

• K&N CAI
• It has a Trick Flow TB elbow, but not positive which TB it is...
• New Screamin Demon coils, NGK Iridium plugs with Ford motorsports wires 9mm I believe
• Brand new Mikey Thompson Street Comp tires
• BBK shorty headers, with X-pipe and cat back exhaust....no idea of the brand yet, but it sounds nice
• Trying to determine the intake and heads. Don't have the garage to tear it down in yet, but it does have the aluminum coolant pass through.....so I'm assuming it at least has the PI intake, but I'm really hoping he did the heads as well....

I had to replace the Odometer gear the first week I had it....easy peasy...I'm going to brighten up the cluster lights with some LEDS I ordered.....I replaced the plastic clutch quadrant with the BBK aluminum one....I heard it was crap, and it looked to be cracked a bit...Oh and let's not forget my first trip to the gas station.....go to fill her up with some fresh 93 Octane.....And come outside from paying to gas spewing EVERYWHERE!!! That's when I found out about the gas tank grommet.....so I fixed that as well....

So that's everything that I have found done to the car, and what I have done myself so far.....I have the itch to do more, but have to work within my limitations....No garage or shop...Not a ton of tools....Not a ton of experience...But I'm a quick learner!!!

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! I think you'll find this forum has quite a large number of helpful people, so don't hesitate to ask!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online