SCCA Track Night in America

djr71

Reaction score
Wed night I ran the Track Night in America at Thompson Speedway. Great time. Check out there site they are doing this at a bunch of tracks.
I posted a couple of pictures here https://www.flickr.com/photos/26318984@N02/
My buddy who took the pictures used his phone so they are not the best

wmfateam

Reaction score
Is that the Griggs wing?
How were the run groups organized? I was thinking of doing it, but I didn't want done meat head in a GT500 thinking he is hot shit straightaway pimping.

RichV

Reaction score
It's usually the Vette guys that think they're Mario Andretti. Then have a freight train of Miatas and Civics behind them in the turns. :)

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I saw that on FB. They'll be running at Palm Beach International Raceway 4 times this year. I plan to check it out being it's $150.

OP
OP
djr71

djr71

Reaction score
The wing is from a stock car. I think it was five star and I added adjusters from ARP.
They set you up by experience. You go out run as hard as you want they only allow certain area's to pass. You can only pass if the guy in front of you lets you.
I let a bunch of cars pass me and got to run by myself so I could push it.
My first run I was behind a corvette first lap he slammed the brakes on going into a turn almost rearened him then one the second lap he went off.
My second run I was behind a vintage 240Z, it was nice but he was only doing like 40 and wouldn't
let me pass him so I went to pit lane and let the traffic jam pass me then went out by myself.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I hope to get into SCCA someday as it seems like way too much fun. Wish you were closer I would loan you my gopros.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online