School me on my new 2v!

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
I traded my v6 for a 96 GT.
I want you guys to tell me everything about it.
I want to know good ways to make safe reliable power out of it. Right now I'm chasing a misfire in cylinder 6. But other than that and some maintenence I love it here the pics.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
First things first, lower that bad boy, lol.

Second things second, lower it even more after that.

On a serious note, some gears, PI intake, and a short throw should make it plenty more fun. Then you can go into bigger and bigger things as time progresses.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
PI swap, headers, blower. In that order. Just remember, bolt ons are a waste of time unless you have some serious modifications. As far as the misfire check plugs, wires, and coil packs, if they look old, they may be worth replacing regardless.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Finally you grow up a little.

I thought I have been doing that since you got the car?

I want to know good ways to make safe reliable power out of it. Right now I'm chasing a misfire in cylinder 6. But other than that and some maintenence I love it here the pics

Mark VIII short block+Pi heads=safe, reliable, fun power.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
PI swap, headers, blower. In that order. Just remember, bolt ons are a waste of time unless you have some serious modifications. As far as the misfire check plugs, wires, and coil packs, if they look old, they may be worth replacing regardless.

He already changed plugs, wires, coil packs, and swapped injectors around. He keeps getting junk on the #6 plug. I think he has an issue a little deeper.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Finally you grow up a little.

I thought I have been doing that since you got the car?

I want to know good ways to make safe reliable power out of it. Right now I'm chasing a misfire in cylinder 6. But other than that and some maintenence I love it here the pics

Mark VIII short block+Pi heads=safe, reliable, fun power.

I was going to say, don't you work with a guy that knows the mod motors in and out?? I'm sure lwarrior1016 has some spare parts and plenty of knowledge to get you on the right track with this build

Edit: Great trade by the way!

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I was going to say, don't you work with a guy that knows the mod motors in and out?? I'm sure lwarrior1016 has some spare parts and plenty of knowledge to get you on the right track with this build

Edit: Great trade by the way!

He used to work with me, then he got dumb and went to a different job. If he was still here we would have this thing torn down already lol.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Last night it threw a misfire 6 and 3 code. Later today I'm going get a pi intake to fix my vacuum leak. And replace the bad 02 sensor. I'll probably end up cutting my sings this weekend. Trying to get low low like [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] hahaha

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
I kept my 4.10 rear end from the v6. When I put that on idk how far out the wheels will sit. Might have to do that before I lower it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.