School me please(aode)

4'dforever

Reaction score
Looking for best route to take with current set up. My current 95 gt is automatic with a Powerdyne blower on it. I want this this to shift faster and at different shift points. I am new to electronic transmissions. Can I achieve these adjustments through a tuner or some device? Do I still need to reprogram the valve body the old fashioned way?
Years ago I had 91 GT with a Powerdyne with an AOD that I had built by Level 10 Performance Automatics with a Precision Industries Stallion converter 3200 stall.
Basically, just looking for this thing chirp a little going into 2nd and 3rd. Any advice is appreciated.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You'd need a shift kit for the firmer shifts, and I'm positive you'd need a tuner to burn a chip to raise your shift points.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
No need for shift kits. Pull the valve body and perform the J-Mod. That will consist of removing a couple accumulator springs and drilling a few oil passages in the separator plate. That will greatly improve shifting. Shift points are set by the computer and will need to be changed with a tuner. J-Mod, stall converter, and a tune will make this a whole new transmission that will actually be fun to drive.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
No need for shift kits. Pull the valve body and perform the J-Mod. That will consist of removing a couple accumulator springs and drilling a few oil passages in the separator plate. That will greatly improve shifting. Shift points are set by the computer and will need to be changed with a tuner. J-Mod, stall converter, and a tune will make this a whole new transmission that will actually be fun to drive.

I actually was going to say J-Mod too but I thought that was a 4R70W thingy, didn't know it was AODE too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online