scidpro's Mystic Cobra #1906

real98roush

Reaction score
Some more updates.. picked up a brand new magnaflow exhaust today for $400! Also found a guy selling some 01 Cobra seats in great condition for $750. Thinking about grabbing them! Car is almost finished being sanded, just a few small parts mainly. Planning to paint it next week!

How did you shave the antenna opening? Did you use a backer? Welding?

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
How did you shave the antenna opening? Did you use a backer? Welding?

You got it!

Also guys i got the car painted last week, had some orange peel so i wetsanded it down and buffed half the car so far. Also my painter has been slacking and there is still a few parts that he didnt paint yet, but i'm hoping he gets to them tomorrow. (sail panels, side skirts, lower side scoop vents and my other wing i have.) Anyways let me post up some pictures..

1994stangfan

Reaction score
You got it!

Also guys i got the car painted last week, had some orange peel so i wetsanded it down and buffed half the car so far. Also my painter has been slacking and there is still a few parts that he didnt paint yet, but i'm hoping he gets to them tomorrow. (sail panels, side skirts, lower side scoop vents and my other wing i have.) Anyways let me post up some pictures..

yes please!!!

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
ok now for some better shots after i wetsanded and my painter buffed the passenger side...

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
If the rest of my parts get painted tomorrow i will have it all back together and finished by wednesday. Then i will be able to get much better pictures outside the garage! I also got all brand new emblems for the car, new interior door handles, door buttons, license plate light covers and a bunch of other stupid little things for the car lol

and i like my red eyed snake!

real98roush

Reaction score
Wow! Looks good. You're giving me motivation to get back to working on mine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dayum, looks good! Really like the wheels too!

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Also if you're wondering about how we painted the car. It was primered twice with 2 different primers (as you can see in first couple pictures it's a long story) lol car was wetsanded twice after each primer with 400, then 600. Then the car went in the paint booth and my painter sprayed a black sealer over the entire car first which i didn't get any pictures of then he sprayed the mystic. I hand sanded this car 4 times now with the use of a bunch of different blocks, but i can tell ya i never want to sand again after all that lol

neverenuff

Reaction score
Oh man! Looks sick! Great story behind the car and even better that you are saving it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Firefighter181

Reaction score
That is such a cool color! My only worry would be getting it all done and never wanting to drive it.

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
More pictures incoming.. Finished buffing the car today and all the parts are now painted. Tomorrow morning i will be putting the rest back together and i'll be driving it! Still need to get some exhaust tips though, don't know what i'm going to do there yet. My magnaflow exhaust i got came with some ridiculously long fake tips they stick out literally 3 inches from the bumper.. I would like to order the real magnaflow tips that were supposed to come with the exhaust but don't know where to get them at or even which ones they are.

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
We painted the R on my Rovos wheel caps Mystic. But they look black unless you're looking right on top of them. Maybe it will show more in the sun!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt