scidpro's Mystic Cobra #1906

voodoo96

Reaction score
the best color for SN95's imo, still can't wait to have mine completely refinished when the time comes. just wish it didn't cost so much per quart, but when I do redo the whole car I'll be getting the paint at a discounted price versus retail.

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
so before i post more pictures of the mystic, i got alittle story that happened today. I was cleaning up the car and then onto my Rovo's Durban wheels that i have owned for less than a year. On the front driver side wheel i noticed a tiny crack in the wheel next to the lip. I've been following Rovos Wheels on instagram for awhile now. So decided to send them a picture and ask what kind of warranties come with the wheel cus i honestly wasn't sure but figured they had to still be under warranty. (picked them up in store from Cj Pony Parts). Rovos wheels messaged me back in under a minute and asked a few questions and said to give them my name and address. So i did and they sent out another wheel today! Then told me after i get the new one mounted they are giving me a return shipping label to send the cracked one back. I was very surprised how awesome they were about the situation and how easy it was. Upset that the wheel was cracked but at same time customer service like that just made up for it! Here's some pictures of the it...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ac0743e31e5a83d2450f556226606910.jpg

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Exactly one year ago today i bought the car and haven't been on the forums for a few weeks so thought i'd update a bit.. Lost interest for alittle while because the guy who painted my car had orange peel all over it, so i wetsanded it and he buffed it. He billed me for 8 effing hours of buffing at $40 an hour plus billed me for pads and supplies, came out to around $500. I know for a fact he didn't have any where near 8 hours into it. If i knew it was going to be that much i would have done it myself or my buddy who's very good and charges $150. The buff job is the worst i have ever seen check out these pictures... You could see all the missed spots clear as day when it was up on the lift.

Drivers side has a bunch of missed spots. Front bumper and rear bumper are terrible as well as the trunk. Anyways the guy turned out to be a complete douche, came up with tons of excuses but finally got him to say he will fix it but can't get me in till the end of the month. Overcharged me and did a super shitty job. Stay clear of Vinny Built Custom Werks in Lebanon, PA.

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Anyways found out i'm having twins and this was our announcement picture! (Cobra's not actually for sale of course)

Thinking i kinda really want a Focus ST for a daily now. Either that or an 06-09 Ford Explorer.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Hope you get the clear coat sorted. Guy sounds like a scum bag

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Nice! Congrats you guys! Good luck!! An ST would be a nice safe dependable daily.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haha that's such a great pic! Congrats man!

On the car, that sucks. I hate when people don't stand behind their work.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Congrats on the twins!! As far as the car goes, sorry about the bad detailer. I hate when I have to entrust someone with a job that I don't trust myself to do and they screw it up worse than I would have anyhow

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Congrats on the twins!! As far as the car goes, sorry about the bad detailer. I hate when I have to entrust someone with a job that I don't trust myself to do and they screw it up worse than I would have anyhow

That's exactly how i felt!

Paint issues are all cleared up now (sort of) few missed spots, nothing too noticeable unless your really looking for it. Unfortunately after he buffed the car again he left horrible buffing streaks, i guess you would call it. I plan on buying a buffer in the near future and fixing the rest myself. Not going back there anymore. Some other new updates on the car.. girlfriend bought me a Cobra trunk lid mat from Grand Design Mat for my birthday looks pretty awesome! I used my brothers vinyl plotter cut a red SVT sticker for the gauge cluster (seen some other members do it and loved it).. Started painting my tire letters white to see how it would look and i'm really liking it! Got the idea after drooling over 9838stang's mustang. Also really love his headlights. Wanting to switch mine up to some projectors with the Depo clear corners.

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Also i have a buddy in the military who is actually in Japan for about a year yet. Have him searching for some export tails and mirrors for me, really hoping he can find some!!

Another thing does anyone know why my ABS light might come on when i turn my fog lights on? It has happened ever since i bought the car, the ABS light doesn't come on every time i turn on the fog lights but i would say about 90% of the time it does. Sometimes i can flick em on and off a few times and it will go away. I'm not really sure where to start could it be something with the HIDS and the ballasts for them? Was thinking of swapping back to the regular bulbs and see if that changed anything, just haven't gotten around to it. Usually just leave my fogs off now lol

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Did you wanna hit up abood89?

If my friend finds some, that pretty much means i'll get them cheap. Well cheaper lol if not i will definitely be buying some from someone in the future. Most likely once i get around $650 that my gf isn't aware of so i can spend that on taillights.. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online