scidpro's Mystic Cobra #1906

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Great details man, the white letters really set it off! Might have to copy you guys on that

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
Another thing does anyone know why my ABS light might come on when i turn my fog lights on? It has happened ever since i bought the car, the ABS light doesn't come on every time i turn on the fog lights but i would say about 90% of the time it does. Sometimes i can flick em on and off a few times and it will go away. I'm not really sure where to start could it be something with the HIDS and the ballasts for them? Was thinking of swapping back to the regular bulbs and see if that changed anything, just haven't gotten around to it. Usually just leave my fogs off now lol

I had it happen to my white '96 Cobra. It's some sort of electrical interference between the ballasts and the module. If you do a search on here and SVT Performance it was discussed a bit. Sometimes it's the placement of how close the ballasts are to the module or it's the wiring of the HIDs themselves

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, it looks freaking amazing. A lot of times the streaks you are describing can be taken out with a good hand buffing with nice microfibers.

Love the trunk thing!

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
It's been awhile but i'm back! Kids are here now so I don't have alot of time on my hands anymore. But I have a ton of new plans for the mystic over the winter. For now though I just have this sweet new custom SVT decal to show. I bought a new OEM 10th anniversary SVT emblem off eBay and found a company to print me a custom aluminum plate to go over top of the 10th Anniversary spot. Turned out pretty sweet! I'm just not installing it yet because i'm buying another trunk and going to shave that 3rd brake light (been kicking myself in the ass for not doing it the first time), then thinking i'm going to get a S281 wing for it as well. Not 100% sure yet though. Choosing which spoiler to use or not to use is my hardest decision. I have approx 1 Quart left of paint so no worries there. Anyways let me know what you guys think of the emblem!

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Here's some older shots i never posted on here but my boss bought a 2017 Shelby GT350 and let me drive it with 50 miles on the odometer. Gave me every bit of motivation to succeed in life..

And here's a shot of how she looks wingless!

And S351 Wing!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
God damn this thing turned out awesome I can't wait to start the repair process on my mystic this winter . Great job man

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Some more updates.. picked up a S281 wing. Got some brand new SVO style side skirts. New headlights. New Optima Yellowtop Battery. LED fog light bulbs (Goodbye ABS light!). Have to finish sanding down the S281 wing and then i'm going to paint that and the SVO side skirts Mystic with my uncle. Yesterday it was 60 degrees, so i installed the headlights, battery and Mystic SVT emblem. Now today we had a huge snowstorm.. lol I also got some tint and i'm going to tint my 3rd brake light so it blends in alot more. This spring i'm tinting the windows too. I don't care for my brushed aluminum cobra inserts anymore so i'm going back to silver.

Also just bought a ton of Adams products to detail every inch of the car this spring. Even got their 15mm Polisher and the Mini 12MM Polisher. Also got their Foam Cannon, can't wait to try it all out!

Next thing i'm going to try and fix is my drivers side door which doesn't line up. I think the door got twisted when the car was previously wrecked because the hinges appear to be good. I'm thinking if I block the door i might be able to fix it? Also need to adjust my hood badly, have that terrible bumper gap..

Here's some pictures of new headlights/emblem etc.

Old Headlights ^

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Is this to say fog light bulbs are related to having an ABS light?

I used to have HID Fog Lights and apparently the Ballasts cause some type of interference with the ABS Module which makes the ABS light come on in the car.. Someone in this thread told me about it a page or 2 back. Switched out the HIDs and haven't had the ABS light come on since!

Edit: It's actually near the top of this page. Thanks to Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
Some more updates.. picked up a S281 wing. Got some brand new SVO style side skirts. New headlights. New Optima Yellowtop Battery. LED fog light bulbs (Goodbye ABS light!). Have to finish sanding down the S281 wing and then i'm going to paint that and the SVO side skirts Mystic with my uncle. Yesterday it was 60 degrees, so i installed the headlights, battery and Mystic SVT emblem. Now today we had a huge snowstorm.. lol I also got some tint and i'm going to tint my 3rd brake light so it blends in alot more. This spring i'm tinting the windows too. I don't care for my brushed aluminum cobra inserts anymore so i'm going back to silver.

Also just bought a ton of Adams products to detail every inch of the car this spring. Even got their 15mm Polisher and the Mini 12MM Polisher. Also got their Foam Cannon, can't wait to try it all out!

Next thing i'm going to try and fix is my drivers side door which doesn't line up. I think the door got twisted when the car was previously wrecked because the hinges appear to be good. I'm thinking if I block the door i might be able to fix it? Also need to adjust my hood badly, have that terrible bumper gap..

Here's some pictures of new headlights/emblem etc.

Old Headlights ^

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH M F G..... THE TITS

THEY HAVE REACHED MAXIMUM LEGITIMACY

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Got some export mirrors from member abood89, great guy to deal with if you're looking for export parts! Unfortunately he didn't have anymore 96-98 export tail lights though, but i will get some eventually! Planning on painting all my new parts this weekend with my uncle if all goes as planned. Then after that i got some huge (secret) plans to take my build to the next level. Also REALLY digging the new Rovos Cape Town wheels in Satin Silver with polished lip. So that MIGHT happen as well. I would still keep the Durbans though.

received_1520195434691497_zpsp7xyzk6l.jpeg

Also if you're wondering why i bought 2 sets of mirrors... A few weeks back i found a white 98 cobra with 70K miles that was in rough shape, talked to the guy and made a deal. Had the car trailer and everything ready to pick it up on Friday (soonest that worked for both of us) and he ended up selling it thursday the day before. Was going to buy it and build it with my girlfriend. But oh well, we'll find another one eventually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.