Scott Rod Rivet Panels

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Has anybody personally installed these or seen any threads with the rivet in panels for the sn95? I'm finding tons that are obviously welded in, but there is a rivet in panel that he sells as well. Looking to see if anybody has used the rivet in panels and than had these panels painted to match the engine bay. Thanks!

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Scott Rod door panels and Scott Rod rear seat delete panels - but not the engine bay panels, sorry. For what it's worth, I really like the door panels and rear seat delete.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they are on this forum but Tabres has the rivet in panels on his Cobra. He is a regular on SVTP and the other SN site.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have seen them done and they don't look bad. Its kind of an industrial luck IMO with the fasteners showing and I know on the last one you went through some extra trouble to hide things so I would not imagine it would be something you would like for the long term. They are nice and easy but I am pretty sure you like nice and clean and with out them its just cleaner imo.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been going back and forth for a bit while I'm waiting to get this engine done and I definitely want to do something. We just had the weld in panels done on my dad's fox body and it came out amazing, however talk about a process and an expensive outcome. All in all with the panels, welding, grinding, sanding, primer, paint, etc, probably in it $1,500-$2,000 with the weld in panels. I obviously don't cut corners with this car and have already dumped tons of money into my car, but just figured this may be an alternative to make the inner fenders look 100x better without having that $2k price tag. This is one thread I ended up finding and these inner panels look like the rivet in and I think it came out awesome:

http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659526

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I found Venom's thread and he did use the rivet in kinds as well...I honestly think it came out pretty nice

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That build thread you posted makes them look awesome. I know you could make it look good!

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Use some flush rivets and dimple/countersink the aluminum and steel and you wont have to worry about the rivet heads. A little extra $$$ for the tools to do that, but it'd look better than dome head rivets.

Tabres

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread and that I'm late to the party on this but I lurk more than login here and don't get e-mail notifications. Here is a picture of mine if you're still trying to decide about doing the rivet-in panels. The rivets really don't stand out much, especially when painted...

2_zpspuhztcw0.jpg

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread and that I'm late to the party on this but I lurk more than login here and don't get e-mail notifications. Here is a picture of mine if you're still trying to decide about doing the rivet-in panels. The rivets really don't stand out much, especially when painted...

2_zpspuhztcw0.jpg

Man that is a beautiful setup. So did you just have these panels installed over the original inner panels and than paint over the panels and the rivets all together? You can barely even tell there are rivets there.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody personally installed these or seen any threads with the rivet in panels for the sn95? I'm finding tons that are obviously welded in, but there is a rivet in panel that he sells as well. Looking to see if anybody has used the rivet in panels and than had these panels painted to match the engine bay. Thanks!
I've seen them in person like you're talking about, looks pretty good especially for the minimal amount of work needed.

Nighttrain

Reaction score

2_zpspuhztcw0.jpg

That looks awesome!

95opal

Reaction score
Man that is a beautiful setup. So did you just have these panels installed over the original inner panels and than paint over the panels and the rivets all together? You can barely even tell there are rivets there.

You want to cut the original panels out or drill out the spot welds and pull them before you install your new panels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online