SCT or DIABLOSPORT??

9psi 98

Reaction score
I talked to a few tuners in my area and they do either SCT or Diablo tuning. What are the pro's and con's of each and which one would you go with. The rates are all pretty much the same.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have an SCT Xcal2, the screen is kinda small and hard to see. The range of which I can change things is very limited, and I have no ideqa what the base settings are. On the upside I can datalog with it, and it is pretty fast. I also never have a problem finding people who are reputable and able to work with it, and I have lived in Cleveland, rural Michigan, and no Orange County, Ca.

I don't have a Diablosport, so I can't help you there.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
thanks, hopefully someone will chime in that has a diablosport tuner. Either way, I HAVE to get rid of this JMSChip piece of crap.

96 blue moon

Reaction score
I have the SCT tuner after my PI head swap and I have no problems and that was with a mail order tune. I do need to get a fine tune one day. :)

94yellowgt

Reaction score
I have a SCT chip and MAF and I couldn't be happier. I did not feel comfortable with the tuner closest to me because I had heard bad things so I went with the next closest one and they carry SCT and thats why I went with them. I have never heard a bad thing about them either. My closest tuner that I didn't feel comfortable with carries Diablo and I don't know if thats why they have a bad rep or if its the tuners themself :dunno:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
One fo the good the good things about using SCT and going to an SCT tuner is that they can make the changes on their computer right there and upload to your tuner for your car.

From my understanding about Predator tuner's is that based on what the dyno reads the tuner then sends that info off to Diablosport via email, Diablsport makes the changes to the file and then emails back. Download file to Predator tuner and upload to EEC make some more runs. Repeat from beginning.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
from those two I would go SCT however my shop that I use is heavy into the new Sniper software so I guess thats what will be on my Cobra and the L :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.