Seafoam=JUNK! LOL

S

scarface

has anyone used it, who actually looked at the valves before and after?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Scarface, a few people over on SVTP have inspected there valves after and said they were still filthy, but Seafoam Definitely helps

S

scarface

cool, I have the seafoam here, and want to do it as soon as the stang is back on its wheels...But I live it a stuckup ritzy neighborhood, and didnt want to start trouble if it didnt work.

Downshift

Reaction score
I used it and it seemed like it made my car run a little bit smoother. I used just as much as a friend of mine did, his engine only has 32k on it and my car smoked about 5 times more than his? It was only 6$ a can and there was still a bunch left over from me and him both using it. Did it work? Seemed to make a noticeable difference to me. Thats my 2 cents worth. Oh and as far as the smoke show, drove about 200 feet down the road before a two wheeled nazi mobile nailed me and gave me a bunch of shit.

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
anyone else ever heard of pouring little amounts of ATF in a carbed engine to clean off carbon. Ive never tried it myself, but it is supposed to work well also.

S

scarface

we used to do that back in the day..IT works well, but I wouldnt do it in a FI engine.

JarrettsGT

Reaction score
Actually I have used Seafoam on all my vehicles. Had a 98 F-150 with a 4.2, worked wonders on that truck. Use it on my 01 Dodge now. I bought it with 53K miles on it. I have ran Seafoam thru it 5 times now. Each time it smokes less and less. Now on my Stang I have just started using it. WOW she smoked like hell!!! I cut a beer can open. Just the top half is cut off fill it with Seafoam and pull the vacuum line off the power brake booster and put it in thru there. whatever is left over I pour down in the tank. No problems yet!!

golden5.0

Reaction score
+1 I do the same I have seafoamed my car three times and each time it smokes less. after it idles better and is a little more responsive.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
worked great on my car. after the seafoam my car seemed so much better.

+1

I used it , smokd like hell, felt like it was running smoother...didnt really test for mpg or anything.

still...felt smoother, crisper to me

maybe its in my head but the 5 bucks or w/e was worth the massive smoke cloud haha

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
If you want to clean the combustion chambers, use nitrous. Or convert the car to E85. Works like a champ. Seafoam is a gimmick.

Paul.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My friend bought a $600 BMW E30 that ran like BS... It has a F'd up throttle response and hesitated... Ran seafoam through it and it Fixed so much Stuff.... Car ran GREAT after the foaming.

Seafoam does wonders

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
BALZY_GT said:
OK, I got the real story on this Sea Foam shit, and shit appears to be the key word. I talked to my justice brothers sales rep about sea foam recently, and he filled me in on what it actually does. The main ingredient in the product is kerosene, and not just a little bit, I'm talking almost 100% Kerosene. If you have seen kerosene burn, you will notice that it is not a very clean burning fluid. It actually is very dirty. The reason the product smokes so much is because of the high kerosene content. It doesn't really clean anything, it just gives off a shit load of smoke, therefore making you think that it is doing something. In actuality it is filling your engine up with even more carbon than before you used the product. This is totally the opposite of what you want the product for your engine. My advise is to use a quality product from justice brothers, Wynn's, or just about anyone who has one of the high dollar fuel system cleaners. The only ones that work are the products that are close to $10 a can. If you use a good fuel system cleaner on a regular basis (every other oil change or so) you should be in pretty good shape.
Thats my 2 cents so take it or leave it.

this response is just stupid to me....ive heard 100s of people saying that theyre car ran smoother after seafoam and you want everyone to believe that seafoam is a hoax.

Yea, im sure they waste all this money packaging it up,distibuting and sellin it around the US but they didnt make sure it actually works. :blah2:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Balzy... seems your rep is just wanting you to buy their products. Why wouldn't he talk seafoam down? HE IS A SALESMAN! You believe everything a salesman tells you when he is trying to get our money?

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
Balzy... seems your rep is just wanting you to buy their products. Why wouldn't he talk seafoam down? HE IS A SALESMAN! You believe everything a salesman tells you when he is trying to get our money?

All salesmen have B.S. in B.S. :hammer:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online