Seafoam=JUNK! LOL

EThorpe

Reaction score
I did the Seafoam trick twice last month, shit dosen't work :nonono: LOL

Decided to go for it today(clean the runners), woaw! This badboy is gum'd up big time.

Louversdamagedinshipping038Small.jpg

Louversdamagedinshipping043Small.jpg

Throttle body needs a cleaning too :rant:

Louversdamagedinshipping035Small.jpg

2 Injectors had broken tips, 2 spark plug tube seals leak on vavle covers, I guess I'll port and match the intake to runners while i'm there ;)

OP
OP
E

EThorpe

Reaction score
Carb cleaner on the runners, took 6 cans to get'em 90% clean :rollinglaugh:

I'll take the lower manifold to a engine shop for a tank dipp tomarrow, NO Wayyyyyyy... I'll spend another $20 on cans of cleaner, it'll never hang on the manifold.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
WOW, holy crap, that tb looked worse than mine when I cleaned it. Mine was just slightly dirty, how much of a bitch was it to take the manifold off?

badass98svt

Reaction score
its easy to remove the manifold, though i'm afraid to break the factory seals. lol

it may take a bit of force to break it free the first time. but the actual labor part is easy.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Crap, well I'm screwed, I just discovered why my cel is on even after the mil eliminators. My bank 1 imrc is stuck closed, so now I have to take the intake apart and clean it. On top of that, I just got pulled over for no inspection sticker b/c there is now way it'll pass with the cel on. So I have 5 days to get the car running right and inspected. Any ideas how to cheaply get my car to have no codes at showtime? I'm going to do the disconnect the battery and wait 30 mins thing to clear the computer, but will anything show up on the scanner?

OP
OP
E

EThorpe

Reaction score
:naughty:

Louversdamagedinshipping046Small.jpg

BLING!!!

Louversdamagedinshipping054Small.jpg

Matched!!! :dancing6: Forgot the after pic's though, got in a hurry to get it back together :p

Louversdamagedinshipping053Small.jpg

94GtStAnG5o said:
Crap, well I'm screwed, I just discovered why my cel is on even after the mil eliminators. My bank 1 imrc is stuck closed, so now I have to take the intake apart and clean it. On top of that, I just got pulled over for no inspection sticker b/c there is now way it'll pass with the cel on. So I have 5 days to get the car running right and inspected. Any ideas how to cheaply get my car to have no codes at showtime? I'm going to do the disconnect the battery and wait 30 mins thing to clear the computer, but will anything show up on the scanner?

Bummer Mann, :dunno:

It's a cake walk to take the manifold off, though I wouldn't if your on a time-line, it anything goes wrong? it's not like your local parts place carries any kind of gasket stuff in stock for cobra's.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea, I'll do it next chance I get, I'll just get the car inspected so the cops are off my ass and after thats done I'll tear the manifold down and clean her out. Like Matts question, does the car feel any different?

OP
OP
E

EThorpe

Reaction score
My new injectors showed up today, finished up today and the car accelerates wayyyy... smoother now.

Ender

Reaction score
I tried it on my car, and not a damn thing happened. I was at least hoping for a smoke show. :lame:

97vertstang

Reaction score
u probably didnt do it right??? u put it in a vacuum line????

G

GREG@SN95

seafoam = garbage...

I still say its bad for your engine...

If you need to clean the engine... the do it right... strip it and clean her up like this gentleman did...

not to mention... my pops built race cars for years... him and all his racer/ hot rodder friends would beat me if I even thought about using it...

crap, poo, shit, garbage, junk, seafoam, gay sex

Ender

Reaction score
97vertstang said:
u probably didnt do it right??? u put it in a vacuum line????

I used the PCV line. I know I did it right, I've seen it done the same way before, it just didn't do anything for my car.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
you should be able to tell a difference and or see the difference.

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
OK, I got the real story on this Sea Foam shit, and shit appears to be the key word. I talked to my justice brothers sales rep about sea foam recently, and he filled me in on what it actually does. The main ingredient in the product is kerosene, and not just a little bit, I'm talking almost 100% Kerosene. If you have seen kerosene burn, you will notice that it is not a very clean burning fluid. It actually is very dirty. The reason the product smokes so much is because of the high kerosene content. It doesn't really clean anything, it just gives off a shit load of smoke, therefore making you think that it is doing something. In actuality it is filling your engine up with even more carbon than before you used the product. This is totally the opposite of what you want the product for your engine. My advise is to use a quality product from justice brothers, Wynn's, or just about anyone who has one of the high dollar fuel system cleaners. The only ones that work are the products that are close to $10 a can. If you use a good fuel system cleaner on a regular basis (every other oil change or so) you should be in pretty good shape.
Thats my 2 cents so take it or leave it.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice post Balzy thanks.

I know my buddys shop has a machine that they hook up to your motor that supposadly flush's it, I think it runs super super hot oil thru it many times or somthing along those lines, I really have no idea but supposadly it works great at cleaning out the carbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online