Seafoamed my 4v now it dies....

justinp95

Reaction score
I seafoamed my Cobra like a week ago and let it sit about 15 min (done this many times on all my vehicles) and started it up and started driving around the block and giving it an Italian tune up and it didnt smoke much. I was slowing down near the end of the run to stop and it died on my. I thought maybe i was running out of gas cause the guage was low. Got it back in the garage and put it away for about a week. Started it up to wash it and it will idle (pretty crappy and almost die) and when I rev it and let it come back down it just dies. Any ideas? No check engine lights.
Thanks

Yes i put it in through the PCV and replaced the PCV and insured the hose was nice and tight upon install.

OP
OP
J

justinp95

Reaction score
I figured it out! The New pcv valve looked the same as the old one but it was sucking on air from the top inlet. Looks like it where a second tube is supposed to connect. Does anyone have the part number to the correct pcv?

lutter94

Reaction score
RockAuto shows this for a 98 DOHC Mustang

581_POWER%20TRAIN%20COMPONENTS_PCV243_1__ra_p.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks like that little piece in the middle could be used to block it off after its snapped off?

OP
OP
J

justinp95

Reaction score
I capped it, I tossed the plugs. Had some rubber caps at work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online