Seat belt light eliminator

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I'm installing some Corbeau race seats, along with 4 point harnesses in my '02 Roush. I don't plan on using the stock seat belts. In fact, I plan on removing them so they are out of the way. Is there an eliminator plug for the seat belt light and chim? I found the tutorial on disabling the chim, but what about the light? I read on another forum about wiring in a resistor to trick the system because when the seat belt is plug in, it just completes a circuit. I was wondering if anybody has come across an actual plug for this situation? I'd prefer to not jerry-rig it if possible. Thanks

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I'm installing some Corbeau race seats, along with 4 point harnesses in my '02 Roush. I don't plan on using the stock seat belts. In fact, I plan on removing them so they are out of the way. Is there an eliminator plug for the seat belt light and chim? I found the tutorial on disabling the chim, but what about the light? I read on another forum about wiring in a resistor to trick the system because when the seat belt is plug in, it just completes a circuit. I was wondering if anybody has come across an actual plug for this situation? I'd prefer to not jerry-rig it if possible. Thanks

Not entirely sure on this (I may be completely wrong lol) But you may be able to pull the gauges out and just pull the LED out from the seat belt light- I did that to my airbag for a while while I was putting in a new one. If you've already fixed the chime then it shouldn't still chime. The actual lights behind the gauges can just pop out. Not sure if that'll even work for the seatbelt tho.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I read that you can actually turn it off recently. try this.

tep 1: Turn ignition switch to ON. All the way forward without cranking the engine.
Step 2: Wait until the seatbelt alarm to go off and stop. About 1-2 min.

-- Steps 3-5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the process with have to be repeated.

Step 3: Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the belt unbuckled.
Step 4: Turn the headlights on then off.
Step 5: Buckle then unbuckle the belt three times ending with the belt unbuckled.
--After step 5 the safety light will be turned on for about three seconds then go off.
Step 6: Within seven seconds of the safety belt light going off buckle then unbuckle the belt again.
--That should disable the safety alarm if it is currently activated or vice versa. You will see the seat belt light blink a few times to confirm it has been done successfully.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you want to stop the light just stick a piece of electrical tape on the back of the gauge to block it. If you remove the light it can trigger another warning chime that goes off for 10-15 secs every time you start it to tell you a warning light is out.

OP
OP
vtchopperdude

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
if you want to stop the light just stick a piece of electrical tape on the back of the gauge to block it. If you remove the light it can trigger another warning chime that goes off for 10-15 secs every time you start it to tell you a warning light is out.

You're a genius! Didn't even think of that! I'll put the light back in, along with the airbag light and then see if that gets 5x5 beep to go away. Thanks!

OP
OP
vtchopperdude

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
So apparently when you unplug the driver seat plug from underneath the seat, the light no longer eliminates, other than on startup when all the dash lights are going through their test. So, problem solved!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online