seat heaters?

bluex

Reaction score
Just placed my order for new front seat foam an new vinyl covers for the seats in my 96. I'd like to put seat heaters in when I put the seats together. I noticed in the instructions that the covers are hog ringed into the foam. Can I still install the heaters or is there a certain style that will work?

Thanks
Paul

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you can do it. [MENTION=9404]Paul[/MENTION] might have some insight, albeit he put heaters into a car that already had them, he may be able to point you to in the right direction.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i will send you naked women if you find a way to put seat-heaters in our cars.....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They are not hard to install its just a film that you put between the leather/foam. I have been thinking about doing it on my corbeau's as I have been thinking about swapping out the center grey area for a black and doing it then.

Do you guys only do the seats and stuff in on the website or do you take small custom jobs like redoing the center section of some cobreau's?

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
i will send you naked women if you find a way to put seat-heaters in our cars.....

I take that to mean it isn't going to work? I'll be wishing I spent the extra 100 on the cloth then :(

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
They are not hard to install its just a film that you put between the leather/foam. I have been thinking about doing it on my corbeau's as I have been thinking about swapping out the center grey area for a black and doing it then.

Do you guys only do the seats and stuff in on the website or do you take small custom jobs like redoing the center section of some cobreau's?

I know they just slide in but the issue is with the new foam an covers the cover gets hog ringed into the foam in the same area the heater will be. So that's what I'm asking is if there's a certain style heater I can use that the ring can go through or has a void there for the attachment of the seat cover

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Guess no one from tmi gets on here anymore????

OP
OP
B

bluex

Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead. I went with these heaters.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320760236969?item=320760236969&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

The answer to the issue of hog ringing the covers on is to use a zip tie in the middle where it needs to go through the heater. This heater was narrow enough that I could use the hog rings on the outside two attachment points.

Here they are on the new seat foams.

I cut about 2" off the end of the one for the seat back because it was going to end in the last groove anyways. The heaters measure 230mm by 455mm. You cant use a heater that's much wider than that because you can't trim or cut a hole in them on the edges. They can only be trimmed in length.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Touch Red

Members online