Seat Part Help - Gas Strut

SN95-OH

Reaction score
I have an electronic seat for a 96 Cobra that had the up/down motor burn out. Upon replacing the motor it appears that the motor burned out because the gas strut is mechanically frozen. I've searched but have not identified a suitable replacement or Ford part number. Anyone else ever deal with this? I have emailed SUSPA but thought I'd ask here as well. If I hear from SUSPA I'll update. Thanks!

IMG_7523.jpg IMG_7524.jpg

xBlitzkriegx

Reaction score
ill be replacing my factory seats and seat frames soon, the seats are ordered. whenever i get them in and yank the stock seats, i could probably sell mine to you for a reasonable price.

OP
OP
S

SN95-OH

Reaction score
Here's the info on the gas spring. It was obsoleted in 2000 and apparently was an oddball part so no clear substitute. The manufactrer (SUSPA) indictaed that they could build a one off for $160. That said, I now don't know if that is my only problem. The seat frame sat overnight and now it won't move up and down even with the gas spring removed. It all looks pretty clean but there is a mechanical bind (and possibly more than one) somewhere. Who would've thought that a seat coudl be so hard to work on?

xBlitzkriegx, let me know if you part out your old seat frame.

Part Description: 16-4-212-085-a091-b057-400n (S1 seal, 5cc oil)
Tube = 212mm
Rod = 85mm
A091/B057 are your welded ends
400N = 90lb. force

Thanks all.

xBlitzkriegx

Reaction score
my seat frame seems to work just fine. the gear for the front/back movement is long dead but i never really moved it anyway.

when i make sure the new seat fits, ill revisit this and we can make a deal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online