seat reclining mechanism replscememt(removal help)

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
Ive looked for information in replacing the seat reclining mechanism with another but I haven't found anything for myself

Anyone have any experience or resources for this? I'm replacing the unit not repairing it.

I'd be interested in repairing it if it were easier, I should mention that its either up or all the way down

Thanks guys.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
are you talking about the motorized up/down or the lever that tilts the back rest forward/back?

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
are you talking about the motorized up/down or the lever that tilts the back rest forward/back?

The lever that tilts. However as luck would have it I found a buyer for this seat (I was selling it) that doesn't require this function since he's putting the seat in his f100. What luck right?

But if you have this information, it should defiantly be posted up since I couldn't find the resources and I wont be last to ask this question as these seats get older.

carbuff

Reaction score
It unbolts from the top and bottom part of the seat.

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
It unbolts from the top and bottom part of the seat.
Yah I got that lol
However once you expose the lower portion of the mechanism and begin to work on the upper part of he seat you would remove the headrest and belt guide.
Then you would run into the issue of how to get around the lever that allows people to get in the rear seat withoutt damaging the leather.
Stripping the foam, if that's straight forward, I'm not sure.
If that plastic cover the protect the mechanism just comes off or not.

the real issue I ran into WAs the back seat lever but I asked a general question because it exposes more information to a more common question than just that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online