Seats?

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by Cpotts13, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Cpotts13

Cpotts13 Well-Known Member

I need to have my seats redone in my mach, it has the common drivers side bolster wear. I kinda want to do something a little different. Like oem Recaros ($$$$$$$) or 15' premium seats.

The only aftermarket seats that I like are the Recaro sportster cs and Cobra Misanos, which are both big money. I do also like the Corbeau RRS and Corbeau Evolution as well, and they're easy on the pocket. If i go after market I will also do a rear seat delete.

Am I better off recovering my seats with tmi leather?

Pics for clicks.

Vinyl Corbeau RRS:

[​IMG]

OEM Mach 1:

[​IMG]

Corbeau Evolution:

[​IMG]

And the holy grail, unobtanium OEM Recaros:

[​IMG]

2. Doodler

Doodler New Member

Interested in where this thread goes. I hate my factory front seats. They are soft and comfortable no doubt. But they have zero lateral support around corners.

With that being said, see if you can find somebody locally that has those seats and try them out before you make your decision. I'm leaning towards Corbeau's myself. Just not sure what model yet.

3. Cpotts13

Taking applications for anyone that lives close by*

In all seriousness the car scene where I am is stagnant. No performance shops or the like...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

I like the first pair. The oem recaros you posted don't seem like that big of an improvement over the Mach 1 seats. If I ever got a new mustang I'd settle for the base seats because I'd replace those recaros anyway. Something along the lines of NSX seats would be a much better look. Plus they'll actually hold you in as opposed to those slightly bolstered seats.

5. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Those corbeaus you listed don't do it for me personally. But if you want something similar Evos came with recaros thar look similar. I know they get changed out a lot, could pick up a pair for cheap and make a bracket?

I like my corbeau a lot, but I went with lg1. I would recommend sitting in whatever your interested in.

6. ttocs

ttocs Legend

both of these I went with the corbeau GT2 after Justin blew up his car and parted them out. I had sat in a buddies that had some so I knew they were tight but if it were not for my skinny azz I am not sure I would have liked them.

7. Orange 94

Yeah I went down to a local shop. They had some sparcos in a company vehicle. They were nice for the cost, but not my favorite. They had some suede lg1 that I really liked when I sat in them, but I wasn't sure of the black. I wanted to order them in the grey. Luckily they had different seats with the same material.... it was almost white and would have looked bad. So glad I looked at seats in person rather than just ordering them.

8. Cpotts13

I will have to find a shop that has them within a reasonable distance from me. I did do some digging around the other night, I wouldn't mind getting a set of nice oem seats (like the recaros) than fabbing a bracket up.

9. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I personally love those recaro's, they hold my butt comfortably every day :)

10. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

I love them all! But dang...who can afford a set of $1000 seats. Am I missing something here? The seats mentioned are expensive! How can a "ok nice" set be had on a budget and not be total crap....other than stock. They expensive too!

Driven by a tiny bore and more stroke than a 514cuin

11. ttocs

ttocs Legend

if you get newer replacements I would not doubt that the stock bracket on your current seats will work. Take that off and the motor/drive assembly and the lumbar stuff if your had it as its all they are good for. I was able to transfer the lumbar portion to my newer corbeau's with no problem.

12. blackdemon007

blackdemon007 Active Member

If you want looks - then just re-cover your mach seats.
    If you want support and a racing harness, then go aftermarket.

I have Corbeau's as well, plenty of support and still comfortable.
    However as mentioned above, check the fit because corbeau's dont fit larger guys.

13. Cpotts13

I sat in a 2015 with the Recaros and loved them..

So i wouldnt need to purchase the corbeau brackets?

They range from $900 (tmi)- $3000 (Recaros) You kind of get what you pay for and im looking for quality. You could buy the cheap American muscle or LMR seats for super cheap.

I have a 30" waist so that's not a big deal, still have to sit in them first.

14. Ferocious

I would say Corbeaus are the cheapest (in price) high quality seats out on the market right now. They're a solid brand and if you can find a dealer in your area, definitely go sit in some of their seats.

15. Sinned83

Sinned83 Well-Known Member

Id do something custom personally. A couple local guys with Cobras have recently done it. You don't have to deal with any install headaches and you get something that nobody else will have at probably a cheaper rate than some of the seats you mentioned

16. Doodler

Doodler New Member

Any pictures of what they've done? 99% of the time the word "custom" comes with a hefty price tag.

17. Sinned83

Sinned83 Well-Known Member

Yes it does but so does recaro etc!
    [​IMG]

18. Orange 94

I agree with ferocious. Corbeau is the cheapest good quality seat. I personally wouldn't do any less.

Go recaro or bride if you can afford it. One day I'd like some fancy reclining brides.

19. Cpotts13

I love these... particularly the reds. Mooch and Johnbeast have some sick rides. Do you know anyone in my general area that is any good with upholstery?

So much monies :shocked:

20. Ferocious

Slightly used brides can be found starting at 1K, and a tad more for Recaros. Seats are definitely something where you have plenty of options which is nice. Reclinable, fixed, light, heavy duty, large waist, heated, you name it. Have your cake and eat it too.