Seats?

carbuff

Reaction score
So, whats the deal with the stock seats in the 99-04 mustangs? My v6 has leather but the seat is flat and I feel like Im sliding all over the place. Then I see pics of other new edge interiors with leather seats that seem to have lots of support on the sides and nice looking ribs in the center back. Was this an upgrade or are the v6 and gt seats different? The cloth seats in my 98 had more support than these leather ones in my 01.

07GtS197

Reaction score
There were a few different seats available, I dont know much more than that. I do know I have sport seats in my 02 gt and I had base cloth seats in my 98 v6 and the sport seats are the only ones with side bolsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Reaction score
The leather seats in our 98 GT are pretty flat. As are the cloth seats in my son's 99 GT and daughter's base V6. The seats in both of my Cobras have decent bolsters. But I liked the alcantara in my 01 better because it held me in place better.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your looking to replace the seats look back in the earlier years. The side bolsters were adjustable and the lumbar support was nice as well in the seats I had in my 94

delling3

Reaction score
Agree, the seats in my '96 GT are pretty nice. Adjustable side thigh bolsters, power lumbar support. Could use some additional bolsters on the seat back, but overall pretty good IMHO. I have done a couple of longish road trips (6+ hours) and they are pretty comfy for the long haul. The leather is slippery though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The only down side is that the upholstery is glued to the foam bad enough that if you get them redone you need to get new foam as well. TMI I think has a kit for them but if you can get them in good condition they are nice stock seats.

07GtS197

Reaction score
There is a retailer on ebay that makes oem seat upholstery and his prices are pretty good. I dont know if its real leather or the quality but they look like factory. Just an fyi.

lutter94

Reaction score
There is a retailer on ebay that makes oem seat upholstery and his prices are pretty good. I dont know if its real leather or the quality but they look like factory. Just an fyi.

Got a link?

07GtS197

Reaction score

lutter94

Reaction score
I was pursuing the katzkin option. Really popular in f150 forums.

See below for the message I received. He did also say the stitching could be just about any color for the same price. No teal though lol. This is for both rows.

$695.00 plus shipping, the front seat covers the faces are leather and the sides are vinyl and the rear seat covers the inserts are leather and the rest is vinyl

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
Is that from the seller I linked? Thats how the oem 99-04 seats are anyway, not sure how much of the 94-98 seats are leather though.

lutter94

Reaction score
Is that from the seller I linked? Thats how the oem 99-04 seats are anyway, not sure how much of the 94-98 seats are leather though.

No this is from two days ago. I was lightly chasing the idea of TMI, but its so expensive....Found katzkin for newer mustangs, and had received a 1700 dollar quote through a katzkin dealer including installation. Seat covers only isn't so bad.

Link I found the dealer through......
https://www.ebay.com/itm/292665303405?ul_noapp=true

OP
OP
carbuff

carbuff

Reaction score
Ill be watching craigslist for some gt seats. The ones I like have the horizontal ribs in the back like the original 60's cars. Ideally a set of white ones but I know they are rare. Theres a yellow 01 vert on my local craigslist with only 20k miles on it. It has the white seats with the otherwise all black interior. It looks sweet.

07GtS197

Reaction score
No this is from two days ago. I was lightly chasing the idea of TMI, but its so expensive....Found katzkin for newer mustangs, and had received a 1700 dollar quote through a katzkin dealer including installation. Seat covers only isn't so bad.

Link I found the dealer through......
https://www.ebay.com/itm/292665303405?ul_noapp=true

Hmm thats interesting. Im not sure what Im going to do myself. Im going to patch the seats for now but Ill look into those sellers when the time comes. Or even terminator seats because of the side bolsters. Thats one thing I love about my 17 gt is how large side bolsters it has yet its not like a racing seat, which is too much imo.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Ill be watching craigslist for some gt seats. The ones I like have the horizontal ribs in the back like the original 60's cars. Ideally a set of white ones but I know they are rare. Theres a yellow 01 vert on my local craigslist with only 20k miles on it. It has the white seats with the otherwise all black interior. It looks sweet.

Look up Bullitt seats, they have that pattern youre thinking about and are factory.

G_94_T

Reaction score
My car had 99-04 leather seats in it when i bought. I hated them.....replaced them with '07 Gt cloth seats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online