Secret button I found on my car

cornflakes

Reaction score
The rattling issue has been fixed by using a hose clamp on the exhaust, but today I just realized there was
a secret button behind the steering wheel. I pressed the button and it went into off mode. When I turned the car on, the rumbling of the exhaust was much louder than before. My exhaust has one of those valves/flaps inside that seems to be controlled something as a wire is connected to the lever but not sure if this button is what it is.

So the exhaust is very loud (like a very angry grumbling rumble) but then when I pressed the secret button back "ON" the sound went off and was back to normal.

Is anyone familiar with this sort of setup? Is that button a switch to activate/de-activate the valve in the exhaust to create the turbo sound etc? I just got the car 2 weeks ago so I didn't even know there was a button. Still not sure what that button does other than it seems to make my exhaust much louder when its off, but when its turned on it's just the normal aftermarket grumble sound.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The rattling issue has been fixed by using a hose clamp on the exhaust, but today I just realized there was
a secret button behind the steering wheel. I pressed the button and it went into off mode. When I turned the car on, the rumbling of the exhaust was much louder than before. My exhaust has one of those valves/flaps inside that seems to be controlled something as a wire is connected to the lever but not sure if this button is what it is.

So the exhaust is very loud (like a very angry grumbling rumble) but then when I pressed the secret button back "ON" the sound went off and was back to normal.

Is anyone familiar with this sort of setup? Is that button a switch to activate/de-activate the valve in the exhaust to create the turbo sound etc? I just got the car 2 weeks ago so I didn't even know there was a button. Still not sure what that button does other than it seems to make my exhaust much louder when its off, but when its turned on it's just the normal aftermarket grumble sound.

That would be electric exhaust cutouts. When they're open, its very loud. Close them up and its back to normal

OP
OP
C

cornflakes

Reaction score
That would be electric exhaust cutouts. When they're open, its very loud. Close them up and its back to normal

Oh thank you. Now what exactly does this do? Why is it on my car? Is it just for noise or does it actually have any other function?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Oh thank you. Now what exactly does this do? Why is it on my car? Is it just for noise or does it actually have any other function?

Basically it bypasses the mufflers and most likely your cats if you have any. resulting in a very loud exhaust note when they're open. When you close them its back to normal. Most people buy them strictly for sound, although for drag racing they net you a few more hp but its nothing noticable.

OP
OP
C

cornflakes

Reaction score
Ok thanks....I'll have to check under the car again to see where it cuts off. I only remember seeing a valve inside the exhaust tip on the right side. The left side doesn't have a valve inside the exhaust pipe. I just checked some videos on youtube it looks like some cut off way in the middle/center of the car underneath and valves open up there.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
here are what mine look like and sound like.
[video=youtube;GV68IN3XbY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV68IN3XbY8[/video]

Love em! I know a place that you can wire up a wide open throttle switch so that when you floor it, it will open the cut outs for 30 secs and then close them automaticall.

Ballistic

Reaction score
here are what mine look like and sound like.
[video=youtube;GV68IN3XbY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV68IN3XbY8[/video]

Love em! I know a place that you can wire up a wide open throttle switch so that when you floor it, it will open the cut outs for 30 secs and then close them automaticall.

Little grave digging here, what brand did you go with? Few friends have them but they went with ebay ones, am too picky to buy cheap ebay ones..

Are they QTP?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.