selecting a cam for my 94

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
94darkhorse said:
95KBGT said:
Matt94GT said:
i have a e303 its not bad, mild cam, fairly easy to tune good for a mild build id say?
does it sound good matt? did you have to do anything else to put it in? im looking for a cam only i dont want to add anything else
I have a B303 you could use. Prolly better off with that than a e cam for your set up.
what are the differences? why would it be better? pm me with a price as well.

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
how difficult is it to install the cam without removing the motor?

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
well they sell those magnet things now to hold the lifters up so you dont have to take the heads off. I'm assuming you would just have to take apart the front end of the car which isn't toooo difficult but a cam install i has to be a pain in the balls

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
Steve-Oh said:
well they sell those magnet things now to hold the lifters up so you dont have to take the heads off. I'm assuming you would just have to take apart the front end of the car which isn't toooo difficult but a cam install i has to be a pain in the balls

damn!!! maybe i should just take out the motor and build it :rollinglaugh:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Maniak87 said:
Steve-Oh said:

dooo it!!! :)

damn!!! maybe i should just take out the motor and build it :rollinglaugh:

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
why wait for heads? and out of curiousity why are there problems.
The current heads will restrict air flow and it would be pretty much worthless to just drop in a cam IMO. Even if you port them that will cost about 5-600 bucks. You could do some searching and find some aluminum ones for a lil more than that and would make a huge diff.

IceMan

Reaction score
Stock GT40's and a stock cam work great under boost... you will not have any tuning isues, or ideling issues... plus i just like the smoothness...

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
it sounds alright, not really lumpy though, you can tell the diffrence over a stock 5.0 but not like "holy crap" its not that lumpy/chunky at idle.

Did you have a problem with your computer???

Hybrid Freak

Reaction score
I have the steeda #19 camshaft for sale in a box never touched asking price $150 never opened.

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
Hybrid Freak said:
I have the steeda #19 camshaft for sale in a box never touched asking price $150 never opened.

i would also like to know the same

jpajkos

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Matt94GT said:
it sounds alright, not really lumpy though, you can tell the diffrence over a stock 5.0 but not like "holy crap" its not that lumpy/chunky at idle.
well i want it to lope hard

Then you'll defiantly want an F Cam. On my old pushrod I had a Custom Grind F cam with AFR 185''s Ported Performer and i remember one day being at a stop light and this car pulled up and heard him say "Dude that shit is camm'd the fuck up' I couldnt help but smile.

Nacho

Reaction score
^^ that's weird, a buddy of mine had an f cam and his didn't lobe as hard as my car with an e-cam. It may have been something else, but my car was definately lobier.

jpajkos

Reaction score
That is weird. I know a guy who comes out with us on our cruises and has a F-cam in his 5.0. I will record a sound clip. His lobe's hard as mine did awhile ago when I had it.

DDSTANG94

Reaction score
crane 2031 made to use with 1.7's, good price, and can be used wit a blower

Low end TQ from what ive read is great

DDSTANG94

Reaction score
Why dose everyone want a cam that was made with 20 year old technology? The ford racing cams sux. imo. They dont have a split pattern like most others cams do, 5.0's favor the exhaust side.
The steeda #19 will kill your low end torque.

Ill put it this way any cam you install that doesnt freak the pcm isnt the best cam. (ie) steeda

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
DDSTANG94 said:
Why dose everyone want a cam that was made with 20 year old technology? The ford racing cams sux. imo. They dont have a split pattern like most others cams do, 5.0's favor the exhaust side.
The steeda #19 will kill your low end torque.

Ill put it this way any cam you install that doesnt freak the pcm isnt the best cam. (ie) steeda
so what cam do you recommend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.