selecting a cam for my 94

Maniak87

Reaction score
i want to cam my 94 cobra. i may put a blower on down the road so i want to pick a cam that will still work well with the blower.

the question is should i keep the heads stock. i can either find a cam that will work well with the gt40's or get new heads.

i guess what i am really lookin for is a cam that will work with my gt40's and 1.7 rockers. i may port the gt40's but i am not sure yet.

as you can see i have no idea what the best option is :(

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Steve-Oh said:
Buy a FRPP E303 cam!!! when you've made that decision, then buy it off of me. I have one sitting in my room, in the shipping box, never touched.
how much? does it work well with boosted engines?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
i have a e303 its not bad, mild cam, fairly easy to tune good for a mild build id say?
does it sound good matt? did you have to do anything else to put it in? im looking for a cam only i dont want to add anything else

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
it sounds alright, not really lumpy though, you can tell the diffrence over a stock 5.0 but not like "holy crap" its not that lumpy/chunky at idle.
well i want it to lope hard

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Matt94GT said:
it sounds alright, not really lumpy though, you can tell the diffrence over a stock 5.0 but not like "holy crap" its not that lumpy/chunky at idle.
Then you'll probably have to do a little more then just change out the cam... unless you already did all that stuff :dunno:

Nacho

Reaction score
I have an e cam with my gt40 heads and 1.7s. It's fucking awesome. It ain't the lopiest cam out there, but why get a lopey cam and have your car sound killer but give up performance and/or driveability. The e cam sounds awesome, especially at idle. Just set your base idle to where you can hear the cam really nice without the car stalling. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Nacho said:
I have an e cam with my gt40 heads and 1.7s. It's fucking awesome. It ain't the lopiest cam out there, but why get a lopey cam and have your car sound killer but give up performance and/or driveability. The e cam sounds awesome, especially at idle. Just set your base idle to where you can hear the cam really nice without the car stalling. Trust me, you won't regret it.

With that said... BUY MINE!!!!

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
with your cam steve oh, do i have to do anything else..or can i just do the cam? i dont want to spend anymore money than cam install and the cam.

Nacho

Reaction score
I'll answer that, NO. Just install it and enjoy.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
id personally wait till u get heads, lots of ppl dont even change the cams in 94-95 5.0s because of drivabiltiy issues but I think I finally got mine sorted out. Like mentioned if you can get it to idle and stay idling well at about 650rpm it sounds awesome!

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
why wait for heads? and out of curiousity why are there problems.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Matt94GT said:

If thats what you want, you need to look at Comp's Extreme Energy Cams......they sound like :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
Nacho said:

did you get a tune?

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Matt94GT said:
i have a e303 its not bad, mild cam, fairly easy to tune good for a mild build id say?
does it sound good matt? did you have to do anything else to put it in? im looking for a cam only i dont want to add anything else
I have a B303 you could use. Prolly better off with that than a e cam for your set up.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Problems because our cars computers are super sensitive and you will more then likely get a bit of a hanging idle and other idling issues, you can fix them with a proper tune but its hard to get it to run like a stock stang once you add a cam. Dont get me wrong im glad I have mine still.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online