sell or part out my cobra?

ster302

Reaction score
A few of you know I bought a high mile 95 cobra last year and I've been driving about every other weekend but I really want to finish my turbo project and I would use the money from the cobra to do that. So as the title states, should I sell or part? It almost has 200k on it odometer because it had the wrong speedo gear in it for 5 plus years but that's a strike against it when selling(it's the reason I got it cheap) but everything works except the Mach audio. its rust free because it's from CA but the paint is a little rough and has been neglected, I'd say she's a "10 foot" car and I'm picky. What's a good cobra pushrods engine and T5 worth these days? Or roller it's self?
fd0b4bbeec0b18256ca45f0da9444b68.jpg

6f86014777eb1ee6ba4b0d07e7d1d83b.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
$3k sold solid, maybe $3.5k if parted. I'd say sell as roller.

But keep in mind that's pricing around ky. May be completely different around where you live.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Justang

Reaction score
Like they said, you'd probably get more money from parting out. I would guess that it will take a bit longer to sell everything and reach that point though. If you can sell it and get your price relatively quickly, it's worth considering over parting out.

OP
OP
S

ster302

Reaction score
Knowing I would have to get around $4500 to make up for the additional parts that I put on this car that came off my project, I'm going to start parting it out soon. I'll be starting a for sale thread soon after I figure out some prices and what I need to keep for my project. The only problem I have is how stripped down can I go before it becomes to hard to sell as a roller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RichV

Reaction score
Bummer. Parting rare(r) cars sucks. One more off the road.

But, I guess parts will save a few more. I'm on both sides of the fence, but when the car becomes more valuable in parts then as a whole is when a lot of cars are lost. A lot of 4 eye and aero Foxes including SVOs shared that fate.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Not really sure it will bring more parted out.. everything is the same as the gt minus the intake, heads, airbag, wing and lil stuff. .if you were in texas i would consider getting it minus drivetrain..

OP
OP
S

ster302

Reaction score
Time for an update. I found some stock parts for real cheap, Including wheels with tires for $200 off CL and took off the stuff I wanted and sold the car in 11 hours!!!. I Couldn't freak'n believe it, 7 people responded in the first 4 hours but the 5th guy to text me wanted to see it that night. I was real honest with him on why I was selling the car, he drove it and of course low balled the s*** out of me and that's when I told him he was not the only person interested. Ended up getting $3k and felt good about because it sounds like the kid is going to take care of it and not "ruin" it.

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
I think time wise, it would be better sold as is....but, you might a hair more parting it out. But who has time/patience for all that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online