SF Connectors..

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
I finally decided to put them on. I went to put them in place to see how they fit, and they didn't. There is about a 2.5" gap between the frame and the top of the S.F.C. Any ideas of why mine don't fit?!

Here's some pic's:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Oh snap, maybe you could use some stock alum or steel to fill the gap.

jimgt95

Reaction score
Are those Kenny Brown super stubs? I have those on mine and as I recalled, they needed to be pushed up against the frame rail once one side was tacked on. Mine had the cross brace that bolts into the seat bottoms as well. That made a difference once I bolted them in. I am assuming you tried turning them around, upside down, etc.

OP
OP
S

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
jimgt95 said:
Are those Kenny Brown super stubs? I have those on mine and as I recalled, they needed to be pushed up against the frame rail once one side was tacked on. Mine had the cross brace that bolts into the seat bottoms as well. That made a difference once I bolted them in. I am assuming you tried turning them around, upside down, etc.
no they are from steeda. Yeah i did i tried everything lol...

jimgt95

Reaction score
i would say give Steeda a call on Monday. Every time I have called them they have been more than happy to help. Like Matt94GT said, maybe they sent you the wrong ones (in the right box). Don't sit on it though, the last time I did it was for a header issue with BBK and it turned into a nightmare......post what you find out.

wytstang

Reaction score
I have Steeda SFC on mine and I'm pretty sure the shop and to push them up.

OP
OP
S

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
I also posted this on a few other forums and got pretty much the same answer: "Common issue, just tack the front of it on and use a jack to move it in place, then tack it."
I guess they just don't make them that perfect. I had originally thought to do that but just wanted to verify it so that I didn't make a mistake. Now it's time for some welding!! The only PITA with doing it yourself on the ground is the clearance. I can't seem to get the car high enough off the ground. We'll manage though, thanks for the responses guys!!!!!! :drunk:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Jack and Tack it baby!

try not to get too many sparks down your shirt!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online