Shaker 500 in 2001?

peacebabyy

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to do it? My boyfriend has an extra shaker radio unit from his car and I like it and want to put it in my car. I searched everywhere and I can find an answer. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Sure it's possible. It's a double din. Might need to get creative with a bracket or something I'm not sure. And idk if you can find a plug and play harness for a shaker to 2001. But it'd work for sure

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

jwhisl

Reaction score
It's not just as easy as putting in the head unit and going.... First you would need to look at a shaker 500 harness and identify which wires do what. Also the head unit is designed to run with 2 separate amplifiers that are behind the drivers side kick panel in the 05-09 mustangs. Without those you would be missing a bit of sound. Also the rear speakers are stamped 25 watts each in 2005-2009 mustang and the 8" door subs are 60x2 each. That being said you would be running an average of 100 watts total without the subs and amps. You would be better off going with an aftermarket cd or dvd player

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online