Shift Kit?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ordered a Transgo Shift kit for my Auto aswell as my 4.10s, and I was wondering if anybody has one installed on theirs? Do you like them? Does it shift harder?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes sir I have had 2 of them, one on my 96 and another on my 98, they are great kits that are pretty east to install and do what they are advertised to do. They have 3 levels of shift firmness and I have always set mine on level 2 ( I've wondered what 3 feels like ) even at 2 the shifts are FIRM CRISP AND WILL CHIRP 2ND GEAR AT MODERATE THROTTLE :banana: :banana: You will have a great time after the install is done.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
Ok I got the shift kit today, but I was reading on the box that I have to manual shift 1st to 2nd then to Drive. So Should I order this shifter or dont I have to?

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...924746+4294925134+4294839069+115&autoview=sku

Ok Im not sure what your question is exactly, but anyway I had the trans-go shift kit AND THE B&m HAMMER SHIFTER ALSO. The shifter is awesome, its hard to explain exactly how it works, but trust me its NOT complicated and its a blast to play with on the street. It has a ratchet movement so when you bump the shifter up it goes up a gear bump it again and it shifts to the next gear. While your doing this the shifter handle doesnt move up and stay there it moves up with the bump from your hand then drops back down to the orginal position ( like I said hard to explain but it is COOL 8)). You can put the shifter in drive with out having to go thru the gears, so no need to worry about that, I highly recommend it.......trust me it makes a auto fun.......well as fun as it can be :dancing6:

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Alrighty, thanks Snakebit, you been a real help. I just ordered the Shifter now lol, can't wait for this, plus shift kit, plus the 4.10s to be installed! Oh Im so excited haha.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
Alrighty, thanks Snakebit, you been a real help. I just ordered the Shifter now lol, can't wait for this, plus shift kit, plus the 4.10s to be installed! Oh Im so excited haha.

Thats exactly how I did mine, everything at one time........my god what a change :eek: :eek:. Good luck with the installs, and happy shifting ( with the auto ;D)

It really is fun :banana:

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
The shifter looks cool.
Does it have a o/d button?
And anyone have some pics of it installed in a SN95?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Outlaw97GT said:
The shifter looks cool.
Does it have a o/d button?
And anyone have some pics of it installed in a SN95?

yep it has the o/d button on the side, I wish I had took pics of it in my 98 but I didnt :'(

VulcanGT

Reaction score
there wouldnt happen to be a B&M hammer shifter for 95's would there? but anyway, the transgo is a great kit. yes, it does chirp 2nd at moderate throtle, which is kinda cool when you wanna get someones attetion in the other lane. if youre gonna go with 4.10's, your gonna have a blast man. have fun!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
the shifter will fit 94 - the 04 model I think, its mounts up just like the stock one and its oval shaped just like the stock one :)

VulcanGT

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
the shifter will fit 94 - the 04 model I think, its mounts up just like the stock one and its oval shaped just like the stock one :)
kickass! could anyone perhaps shoot me a link to this shifter please?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget the Torque Converter!!!
The shift kit and ratchet shifter add some firmness and fun but the TC is the meat and potato for the auto....get a 3200 stall TC and drop up to a half second off your 1/4 mile time. :dancing6:

VulcanGT

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Don't forget the Torque Converter!!!
The shift kit and ratchet shifter add some firmness and fun but the TC is the meat and potato for the auto....get a 3200 stall TC and drop up to a half second off your 1/4 mile time. :dancing6:

he knows what he speaks of :banana:

btw, thanks for the link SnakeBit :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010