Shift knob shelf project

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As the title says, I've been working on a couple shelves for a little while now to make "coat racks" from shift knob sets. Really I just needed more shelving to display crap, and decided to have some fun with it.

8193c2a0b92b26f0bce3552739e7c92d.jpg

a35820ae879414e74ca22e26122ac0b6.jpg

On the natural wood one the knobs aren't off center. We should all know the stock knobs are bent up lol

On the one with the stripes the knobs are from a 14 and 13 gt500 I did shifters for!

Also, don't make fun of ol red on the shelf lol. That was day one with her, and boy she changed a lot before she got killed :(

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That adjustable wrench gets its own spot on the wall!?

I like the idea. Very nifty.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That adjustable wrench gets its own spot on the wall!?

I like the idea. Very nifty.

That's something my lady got me, it's got bolts sticking out of it to use as a key rack. I'm working on a third shelf for more display stuff now, just my free time is so limited it'll be tough

joekd

Reaction score
What a great and simple idea

I have a line of old shift knobs sitting on my garage shelf now (which is a 96 GT laser red OEM spoiler with glass tops fit onto it)

May have to make something like this

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest guys! It was a little tough finding the bolts for the newer cars. I got bolts threaded all the way down so I could use a nut to tighten to the wood, then a jamb nut to make sure the numbers are oriented correctly.

The bolts are counter sunk, and cleaned out my closet and found the raw shelf, duplicated it and went to town with the bolts.

I really love them!

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
I really like that Blk and White stripe one with the Clock looking perfect with it...Bad ass!! Very Creative.

joekd

Reaction score
Looked at my shelf and I have 6 shift knobs there, guess I changed my mind a lot over the years

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I really like that Blk and White stripe one with the Clock looking perfect with it...Bad ass!! Very Creative.

Thanks man!

Looked at my shelf and I have 6 shift knobs there, guess I changed my mind a lot over the years

Haha, I've had this idea spinning for years now, and my shift knob addiction sort of helped with it.

There are more lurking around my house, and the cool thing is, if I ever feel like changing them up it's as simple as unscrewing and putting a new one on

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same key hangar if you didn't notice.

I don't think you noticed.

Bwahaha, I see that ;p

I tried to get one that's the fake fuel cap on the rear of the car for the striped shelf, but Hobby Lobby was sold out, and their website won't allow you to order something that's sold out. I don't understand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.