Shifter and radio bezels painted. [PICS]

The Green GT

Reaction score
It came out ok. The primer kinda globbed up ina few spots. Im gonna sand it down and prime it with something better tomorrow then Ill get it resprayed so its smoother. But I like it. It looks very nice. I can olny imaginw what it will look like once my interior is all black.
Picture1000.jpg

Picture1001.jpg

Picture1002-1.jpg

Dont mind all the crap on the floor. You all know you are messy when you have a project going on.

So what do you think? Do you like what I did to the shifter ring too?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well it turned out OK, I'm not sure if it goes that good with the tan that surrounds it but its cool 8)

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Well it turned out OK, I'm not sure if it goes that good with the tan that surrounds it but its cool 8)
I dont really care for the tan either, but it will all be black in a few weeks.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
The Green GT said:
Snakebit said:
I dont really care for the tan either, but it will all be black in a few weeks.

ahhh, well then I think that will turn out VERY well. That green with the black should look SWEET :)

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
Looks good. Will look better with the Black. So are you gonna paint all the tan or just replace it, if so I may take a couple pieces off of your hands.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
94darkhorse said:
Looks good. Will look better with the Black. So are you gonna paint all the tan or just replace it, if so I may take a couple pieces off of your hands.
Im just gonna use some dye.
I wish I could afford to replace it all though.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
looks cool, especially when you go with an all blk interior

hottwheels04

Reaction score
sweet man! i want to do that to my what did u use to paint it? i want to make my silver bezel and dash like the mach 1's have :thumb:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
which color did you use? it looks similar to what i painted my door panel things....i was gonna do the radio bezel, but i couldnt take out my aftermarket radio. :dunno:

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
I used automotive paint. The paint came from the same container we used to paint my fender. Its the exact same thing. We just used an anhesion promoter in the primer.

S

scarface

becareful with that dye....It doesnt always come out so great. I wish you the best of luck my friend!

I wish we lived closer. I have an all black interior, and I would like the tan/black. All black is just so boring to me.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i agree with brian, the green definitly looks good but not with the tan. once its all black, that will look VERY VERY nice! it still looks awesome though. i may give this a try, maybe some gloss black or a reallllly reallly dark red even? i think gloss black would look the best though.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i was thinking of doing the same and the arm rests, but they have this shitti rubber coating over all of em, and thats alot of sanding.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
i was thinking of doing the same and the arm rests, but they have this shitti rubber coating over all of em, and thats alot of sanding.
Thats what bonding primer is for silly. :D

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
a few months back i painted my doors....they look the same color and i used dupli-color spray paint...

attachment.php

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
a few months back i painted my doors....they look the same color and i used dupli-color spray paint...

attachment.php

once again that tan is killing that good looking green :-[, once you get that tan turned black.............. :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

theponyfactor

Reaction score
ive tried doing this two times now and i just cant seem to find the color i want. I want something that is really close to the color of my car. I was thinking about having a body shop paint them the color of my car the next time i take something else in to get painted.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
theponyfactor said:
ive tried doing this two times now and i just cant seem to find the color i want. I want something that is really close to the color of my car. I was thinking about having a body shop paint them the color of my car the next time i take something else in to get painted.
Thats what I did the first time. IMO its either the color of your car, regular black, or silver.

I got my friend to add some extra metal flake to it this time and it looks awesome.

DFG + More metal flake.

Picture1011.jpg

Picture1012.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online