Shifter Knob Thread

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is for a place to share your shifter knobs. There is a wide variety of unique and interesting shifter knobs I feel that should be shared. I've always found it interesting what people use for shifter knobs.

So post a picture of your shifter knobs whether its stock or custom.
Include information such as:
- Reason
- Material
- If bought, where you got it from
- If Custom, how you made it
- If the shifter knob has a personal meaning
- Stories
- ETC

I'll start off with mine.
Not sure why, but I've always liked the look of the pool ball shifter knobs. I enjoy playing pool, but I'm no pro. I just love the look and colour of them mainly. Also I find the shape and size of a pool ball is perfect as a shifter knob for me. Currently I'm using a smaller size of pool ball which is okay, but i want to get some larger standard size of knobs again. I get them custom made from a local guy that makes some as a side job.
ZP4iIl.jpg

My favorite is the 5 ball. The orange is very similar to the colour of my car and its a 5 speed.

I've wanted for a while to make a custom aluminum knob, likely in a sphere shape or maybe a pistol grip.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Haha dam we have threads for just about errrrthang!

I'd post a real pic of mine but don't have the energy to go out in the garage and clear out around it to take a good pic of it (all sorts of parts laying around in it)

I was getting some parts from Summit and saw it hangin there saying "buy me fukker, you'll like how I shift" So I bought it lol. I actually have a B&M short throw so I figured it would compliment well

80943.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
15838307_large.jpg

Got it off of ebay as a billet aluminum piece with a small replaceable battery that makes the button on top light up when pushed. It lit up a 5 or 6 speed design but I took that off and put a pony logo in it to light up. After that I painted it to match my shift boot and dash. Can't remember what I paid for it, been a while ago....

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got the hurst sidewinder classic pool ball design with the line lock or nitrous button

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Started making real billard ball shift knobs to sell and make some side money. I wanted a green number 6 to go with my green car. So I took it to the drill press punched out teh hole and threaded it to make a knob. Its made from a high quality resin and is 2.25" dia. That fits perfect in anyones hand :)
edyburez.jpg

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

sn95 bullitt

Reaction score
I have a steeda shift knob

I was driving to walmart and some guy pulled up next to me and asked me if i wanted to buy a brand new steeda shift knob, so i did. It cost me $20. Its leather and brushed metal.

ProKiller

Reaction score
i have a FRPP bullit knob. simple, aluminum, nice size.
as far as stories. this one time, at band camp... i installed it.
5134720017_large.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a Steeda shift knob. Matches the car perfect. Got it from a member on here.
DSC_0528.jpg

Mustang003.jpg

Mustang001.jpg

Joe-405

Reaction score
You guys need to check out Speed Dawg shift knobs. They are extremely nice and that's all they do.

Goldmember

Reaction score
I alternate between several different ones... I also alternate between Pro 5.0/Tri-Ax/stock handles.

Drilled and tapped 8-ball
Stock knob
Hurst T-Handle
and a nice round ball-type that my wife bought me a few years back.

chris91

Reaction score
I three run the same knob. Anyone looking for it just search for FRPP Cobra Shift Knob. It came with my Fox, I liked it so much I kept it. My car came with the same knob that the Mach 1's come with, the Billet Ball design. I have bigger hands and it just felt too small so I took it out on my way home from picking the car up and put my Cobra one in. Yes, I brought the shift knob with me on my bus ride to go get the car. lol

97FloridaGT

Reaction score
i have a FRPP bullit knob. simple, aluminum, nice size.
as far as stories. this one time, at band camp... i installed it.
5134720017_large.jpg

I have this one....came on a stock shifter I bought to replace the sloppy one that was in my car. I like the way it looks but it doesn't fit my hand very well and when my palms are sweaty my hand just slips right off. I wish I could find one that was stipled rubber.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
best pic i got right now.....cars under the cover so ill get a better pic next time i take the cover off.....shift knob is dirty right now tho i gotta glass bead it again

IMG_1783.jpg

joekd

Reaction score
Used to have a billet shift knob in the vert, got real sick of having to keep a hat or glove in the car so I could touch it after being in the sun though so I went back to the 2005-up style OEM GT shift knob

wildride02gt

Reaction score
P1010813.jpg

Fox-era vintage Hurst shifter arm with 5-spd "cue-ball" knob. took it from my 90GT when I sold her. we go WAAAAAAY back together. its mounted on a Steeda Tri-ax shifter base.
Also, the height allows for less movement from the steering wheel when shifting, allowing for less time with a hand off the wheel when hitting the corners. AND I'm short, so it makes for me not having to "reach" for the shifter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online