Shifter Knob Thread

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Joe 405 Some of those knobs look pretty sweet!

MC i like the joy stick, you should actually make one of those and make the buttons functional.

wildride02gt

Reaction score
you can still find the Hurst Fox-era shifter handle/knob/plate combo at some places. I haven't seen it for sale NEW recently. The leather cover is just modified from the OEM 5-speed, just lowered and secured to the stick.

the.greg

Reaction score
This is the shift knob I've been wanting.
http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_race_knob.shtml

mustang_race_hdr_zps85fa52ee.jpg

race_cobra05_zps3cd8a583.jpg

the.greg

Reaction score
You know, I wish I knew about this when I got mine. I'm going to get a mgw shifter probably because its quieter so I guess this is just something else lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
They also come in gt and pony emblems, not just the cobra emblem fyi

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Anyone have different auto shift knobs? Lookin to switch from the b&m hammer ratchet shifters stock t handle to a ball knob

Goldmember

Reaction score

That would be my ideal shifter. The big Hurst chrome stick and cue-ball knob. Too bad no one is willing to part with the stick for cheap. $50 seems to be going rate and when you can buy a new Tri-ax stick for less, you don't have to think too much.

Butch

Reaction score
P1010813.jpg

Fox-era vintage Hurst shifter arm with 5-spd "cue-ball" knob. took it from my 90GT when I sold her. we go WAAAAAAY back together. its mounted on a Steeda Tri-ax shifter base.
Also, the height allows for less movement from the steering wheel when shifting, allowing for less time with a hand off the wheel when hitting the corners. AND I'm short, so it makes for me not having to "reach" for the shifter.

Great minds think alike =¶

Sent from your moms breastesses

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
B&M Hammer Ratchet Shifter.. Green skull shift knob from auto zone.. Switch up every now and then

Mustanger

Reaction score
I use an S197 style knob I like the shape & feel of it, just like the leather stock Cobras for our years, & the shift pattern styling adds just a touch to please the eye.....not the best pic but all I have right now

IMG_4514.jpg

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
I'm getting a free OEM Mach shifter ball with new/used Tri-Ax I got for my 3650 I'm installing, going to see how I like it. Also going to try the UPR Roush knockoff handle again with it and see how it feels.

Love that FR500 wheel btw, there were a few NIB ones on the corral for sale recently for $500, almost jumped but that's just too steep...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online