Shimmy and shake under load?

joemomma

Reaction score
Jinxed myself the other day saying I drove it to work with no issues lol. This morning on the way in, got stuck in traffic. Noticed after sitting for a while the idle was a little off - it didn't feel like a miss but it was definitely making the car move/shimmy during idle. Then, once we got back underway there was a shimmy/shake while the car was under load. Temp/oil pressure was fine, so it didn't overheat. Would a miss cause this? It didn't really feel like a miss but there was definitely some shimmy under load. Did something come loose? Motor/trans mount or something? I have no idea where to even start. I'll check for loose plug wires at lunch (#4 was loose a couple weeks ago).

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Went out at lunch and found what looked like the culprit - #4 plug wire was off again. That's the second time it has come off, not sure what's going on with that. Hopefully that's all it was, I didn't have a chance to drive to verify.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I was going to say ignition related like ICM or coil. You probably fixed it though. Is the plug wire too loose? Maybe slightly crimp the boot so it holds the plug when installed.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Yeah it might need a little adjustment, as that's the second time it has come loose. It seems to go on pretty tight however, so I don't know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online