Shocks and struts form a fox

GT Rob

Reaction score
Looking to replace my shocks and struts the car is lowered the ride as gotten rougher. On another site that I'm on they say to use shocks and struts from a Fox has anybody on here have Fox shocks and struts are otherwise and if so how the ride. Not looking to spend a lot of money on shocks and struts hopping to get a newer stang by the end of the year....

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Me and slow both run them with strange 10 ways with coilovers for that low stance , when I run my 26" tall rears this thing is slammed

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I've got Fox shocks and don't see anything wrong with them. I haven't ever bottomed out and I'm pretty low for a Mustang.

OP
OP
GT Rob

GT Rob

Reaction score
Ok cool where did you guys order them from are they just stock ones from the auto parts store

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Ok cool where did you guys order them from are they just stock ones from the auto parts store

If you're lowered don't buy stock replacements. Go with a set of Koni's or Tokico's, but for the 87-93 Fox's.

9838stang

Reaction score
Funny i have had sn95 tokico hp blues in my car for 3 years.... i have noticed any issues

OP
OP
GT Rob

GT Rob

Reaction score
Yea in the last couple of months the ride quality has gone to shit It feels like I can feel every rock on the street lol

Butch

Reaction score
that's what I wanted to do, when the time comes, but read on svtp I believe to just use struts then further down the thread to just use what's for my Cobra. she's lowered about an inch and a half. PO did so, so can't really say exactly. But compared to another snake that's what I got

Sent from your moms breastesses

OP
OP
GT Rob

GT Rob

Reaction score
Welcome Butch I'll have to go and check it out . I'm lowered about the same. I wish I would have known about changing them out when I lowered the car

9838stang

Reaction score
Strange, I did know fox shocks were suppose to put into a sn95 when lowered more than 1.5. I am approx. 1.9 up front and 1.6 in the rear. My rear isos are pretty shot/ not even there. I thought i read somewhere the tokico hp blues were valved properly to handle the amount of being lowered in a mustang(1.75" to 2.0")

9838stang

Reaction score
I had a buddy who had eibach sportline in his 96gt coupe with kyb? (4 years ago) and he rode in my car with tokicos and H&Rs. same drop and he loved how mine handled and rode. I daily drove the car for over 6 years and the tokicos work great! I love them but i am looking at going to coilovers. I assumed one of the other members had sn95 tokicos but it looks like he has fox tokicos... I might have to go with the fox ones if i wanna go lower.... but for now. im happy with them. no complaints

OP
OP
GT Rob

GT Rob

Reaction score
Yea I don't want to spend a whole lot of money looking to sell it by the end of the year to get 05 and up stang

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with SN95 struts even if you are on the low side. As far as i can tell the struts don't work any better or worse being more compressed.

chris91

Reaction score
What about the 03-04 Cobra Bilstein Struts up front? You can find a set of those for 100-150 a pair shipped. I know Bilstein makes quality parts so its something to look into.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online