Shocks and struts form a fox

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with SN95 struts even if you are on the low side. As far as i can tell the struts don't work any better or worse being more compressed.

Im sure your prolly right but with how much of a drop some of us run with a sn95 length shock or strut we may be very close to the shock being completely compressed ... This way we have more shock travel before bottoming out the shock or strut body

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmm well it must be pretty close either way, the only pic i could find is of an '03 Cobra Bilstien vs a strut out of a fox body (might be an SN95 replacement) but either way it's pretty close. I have a feeling if you bottom out on one you probably would on the other too but maybe it's a toss up. At the very least it looks like maybe the brand has more to do with it than the year they're for.

tn_full_Fox_vs_New_Edge_2JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Im sure your prolly right but with how much of a drop some of us run with a sn95 length shock or strut we may be very close to the shock being completely compressed ... This way we have more shock travel before bottoming out the shock or strut body

This ^

[MENTION=12063]GT Rob[/MENTION] you don't need to get fox length for your drop. Regular sn95 shocks and struts will work just fine. You will only need the extra travel if you're pushing a massive drop.
I've bottomed mine out only a few times but that's probably cause they're set on the softer side.

How much shorter are the fox shocks and struts than a sn95?

About 1.5" iirc for the struts

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
This ^

GT Rob you don't need to get fox length for your drop. Regular sn95 shocks and struts will work just fine. You will only need the extra travel if you're pushing a massive drop.
I've bottomed mine out only a few times but that's probably cause they're set on the softer side.

About 1.5" iirc for the struts

im im impressed dude because your cars low as hell , my old shocks and struts were for sure sagged out

95opal

Reaction score
All depends on the struts you buy some aftermarkets spec the same part # for fox and SN . Bilstien being one they don't sell a fox or sn specific there all the same. JFYI the fox struts are 3/4" shorter.

OP
OP
GT Rob

GT Rob

Reaction score
I figure I'll be replacing them in two weeks so I'll be watching this post. Thanks guys for your input

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I remember talking to MFE over on corral about this a few years ago. One of his points as to why you should not run fox struts/shocks is the weight of the SN's. When the valving is set in the R&D phase the weight of the cars is factored in. SN's are heavier than Fox Mustangs and after like a 20 page thread most of the guys who track their cars thought it was best to use the equipment designed for that car particularly because most companies designed the shocks to work with lowered cars on track.

Just what I took from the discussion :)

baddbradd

Reaction score
My fox rode like crap (go figure) with my kyb's. I parted it out and put them on my 01, now its a pretty good ride. The car is the stock ride height too

OP
OP
GT Rob

GT Rob

Reaction score
I just might go with an shocks and struts. The shocks and and struts that are on there now are motorcraft probably from factory

Win

Legend
Reaction score
What about the 03-04 Cobra Bilstein Struts up front? You can find a set of those for 100-150 a pair shipped. I know Bilstein makes quality parts so its something to look into.

Yep i paid 150 for mine shipped with 2k that's right 2000 miles on them. It was a garage queen.

Got my Bilstein Hd rear shocks wih 5k on them for 75 shipped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online