shocks and struts

black98gt

Reaction score
shocks are shot looking to buy new. i heard lakewood 70/30 50/50 is a good set up for street/strip. anyone running them? feedback if possible

tajmas

Reaction score
Check into Bilstiens HD self valving shocks & struts. MM claims it gets no better then that. Expensive though.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Once my top end is done, I am going to be going with the lakewood 50/50s, with steeda upper control arm and Mega bite jr lower control arm with moroso or eibach drag spring! I have heard many good things about the lakewoods!

96sohc

Reaction score
I've got a friend that runs Strange 10 ways on all 4's and has been pleased.

tajmas said:
Check into Bilstiens HD self valving shocks & struts. MM claims it gets no better then that. Expensive though.

If he is asking about Lakewoods, I'm somewhat positive Bilsteins are in the opposite end of the spectrum.

Boomer!

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of adjustable struts, they are not as consistant as would be led to believe. If it is a DD 70/30 and 50/50 is a great combo, drag racing 90/10- 50/50 combo. As Matt said the other components will make a huge difference, springs are very important, if you are running junk for springs don't waste your time with struts. Spend the money and buy the spring correct for you racing application.

Boomer!

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
I drive the car everywhere and I dont want to lose that. I also have drag springs. Are the 90/10 streetable?

I guess, a little rougher ride. I like the weight transfer they provide, they offer better handling but sure let you feel every bump in the road...

tajmas

Reaction score
96sohc said:

tajmas said:

If he is asking about Lakewoods, I'm somewhat positive Bilsteins are in the opposite end of the spectrum.
Hey a**hole he said he heard about them, so eat S**T

GDawg

Reaction score
tajmas said:
96sohc said:

tajmas said:

Hey a**hole he said he heard about them, so eat S**T

Calm down dude. That's not necessary.

Bilsteins are variable self adjusting and are very good for both track and street. They are top of the line.

tajmas

Reaction score
sorry im a little punchie today. Just thought he was looking for suggestions, and bilstiens work well for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online