Shocks to compliment Eibach Sportline springs

shinobmatt

Reaction score
i just installed some Eibach SPortline springs. and the ride has become extremely bouncy. i the current shocks are KYB excel-G shocks. i know that being alot stiffer they ride wont be factory. but i dont think it should be this bouncy. any ideas, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I have not run the sportlines, but bilsteins are always a popular favorite around here. Personally I just installed them on my 96 cobra with IRS swap, have yet to drive it but have rode in a car with a similar setup and it rides great, even with high spring rates on the coilovers.

heffe2001

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do the same spring swap, and have the same shocks/struts on my 00 GT Vert. Probably be doing it towards the end of the week. I'll let you know how it rides once I get it done if you haven't already done the swap yourself.

Are you planning on using the iso's or not? I'm not running rear iso's now, but do have the in the front (I'm using 01 bullit springs on front, I think bullitt rears on the back, couldn't find the exact rear spring code online anywhere). Right now I'm planning on using the front iso's, and at least the larger rear iso, although MAY end up skipping the front isos and just insulating the metal on metal contact with a piece of bike tire tube depending on how the drop goes..

I plan on replacing my shocks/struts with either Strange Engineering adjustables all around, or KYB adjustables. I don't want 'bouncy', but I don't want log-wagon either, lol.

**EDIT** Just noticed you said you ALREADY did the swap, lol. How old are your KYB's you have now? Mine have less than 5k on them, so are practically new, hopefully won't be too bouncy...

OP
OP
S

shinobmatt

Reaction score
yeah i pulled all the iso's dropped it where i want it. no gap on the front and prolly a inch to 1/2 inch on the rear. running 18" wheels. the kyb's are prolly 6 months old maybe less. its my daily but i only drive to n from work. bout 10 miles round trip and say easily couple hundred on the weekends. lol

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I vote bilsteins, I rode in my friends KB 03 Cobra back in the day even tho he had a IRS it took bumps very well. I am running tokico High-performance blues in the rear and they do jack squat for my springs. The rear end is really bouncy and unstable over uneven surfaces, that will get addressed soon.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Bilsteins are great, I'm running koni SA's because I got them dirt cheap and they're great too.

Also this should be in the suspension section

heffe2001

Reaction score
Bilsteins are great, I'm running koni SA's because I got them dirt cheap and they're great too.

Also this should be in the suspension section

Color me crazy, but I don't see a suspension section. Closest I see is drivetrain?

heffe2001

Reaction score
Got my springs swapped out today for the Sportlines, and with my KYB Excel-G's, it's definitely bouncy. I've been planning on getting some adjustables at some point, looks like it'll be sooner rather than later. I did use both ISO's up front, and the upper ISO on the rear. It's absolutely lower than I was before (with the bullitt springs in front, but not 100% sure what I had in the back, lol). If I'd have gone ISO-less, I think I'd be almost too low. I'm running factory 17's at the moment (starfish), but planning on swapping in some factory bullitts soon as I get the rash repaired on them. Not sure what size tire I'm going to go with yet (running the factory size now (245/45/17). I'd like to close up the gap a bit more, just not sure what I should go with.. (my driveway goes down hill, so it sort of looks like the car is lower in the rear, but it's almost even front to back, with the back slightly higher than the front). Just wish the front wheels were centered in the opening better.. Also got my new powder coated front brake calipurs on, and new rotors/pads all around. I'd still like to do the rears, but they can wait. Paint next (hopefully anyway).

2014-04-29%2012.57.55.jpg

heffe2001

Reaction score
Just a FYI, I put a Maximum Motorsports pinion snubber on today (I was still running factory as my springs were used, and no snubber included). That helped with my bounciness quite a bit (not completely gone, but definitely livable now). Did you use the snubber that came with the springs, or just cut the factory one? I can live with mine now tho.

heffe2001

Reaction score
Still seems a little bouncy today, would something like the Koni STR.T's help with that, or am I going really need to go with something more $$?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I was told by MM they would be ok. Would have to be the fox ones tho. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online