short throw shifter

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i was looking into getting a short throw shifter for my car. does anyone have any recommendations on which one i should get? how hard are these things to install? is there any tricky things i could run into on an install. id love to hear your guys opinions on which you think the best one is.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
mgw, pro 5.0, steeda tri ax

those are the good quality ones. Each is a little different. My car had a pro 5.0 on it so i just left it on there. If i was going to buy one i would get the mgw, but either of the 3 will be fine.

S

scarface

I have the b&m, BUT If I had to do it again I would go with the TRI-AX

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
mgw, pro 5.0, steeda tri ax

those are the good quality ones. Each is a little different. My car had a pro 5.0 on it so i just left it on there. If i was going to buy one i would get the mgw, but either of the 3 will be fine.

thats right i hear MGW is the top of the line but these are the 3 main ones its your own personal preference...

i love my tri-ax

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
MGW FTW. I honestly wouldn't go with anything else. I love how short the shift is and just the feel of it. Shifters are a breeze to install. That was the very first mod i did to mine and i had next to no experience doing anything. Haven't had any problems. )knocking on wood as i type) lol.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
there really are no problems installing the shifter its a really simple straightforward job takes maybe a half hour

GDawg

Reaction score
+ 1 for MGW. Piece of cake to install. Get a cool knob with it too.

3dbc6758.jpg

00772928.jpg

261ff13d.jpg

jpajkos

Reaction score
Im sorry but MGW's only benefit is the adjustable arm with moving it either toward you or whatever setting you feel comfortable. I hav a Tri Ax and it does the job fine. Steeda IMO doesn't do many things right but the Tri Ax is a winner. MGW's IMO are overpriced and you don't get enough for you money.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i jjust bought a tri-ax last week and it comes in on wednesday....hopefully i like it, i was gonna get a pro5.0, but i heard osme bad things and went with the tri-ax....only $115shipped used, with everything needed for install.WOOT

ALITL8

Reaction score
i love my MGW!! when i had it at the tire store the tire guy (mustang owner) drove it and came back saying how much he liked it as well :thumb:

here's mine with the GT gripper knob ;D

shifter.jpg

gtinterior.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
does anyone have a problem with them being too noisy???

i heard that they were kinda noisy, so i ordered the gaskets they sell on SVT....anyone else have them??

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ive been in a few cars that we obnoxious they were so loud but not mine :dancing6:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
The pro 5.0 im my car is noisy when shifting gears. They is a guy that makes gaskets that are supposed to quiet it down ( cant remember exactly but i think his name is bob, shouldnt be hard to find). I imagine the previous owner just used rtv on the shifter because i dont think he liked to go the extra mile to make things a little better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online