should i be worried by this car?

VulcanGT

Reaction score
hey guys. im new to the board. i have a 95 GT coupe with FRPP 9MM Wires, 3.73's, K&N, O/R X pipe, Flowmasters, 2500 Stall converter, and a shift kit. i also added a 96 cobra hood to take off some wieght in the front. im running 285/40R17's in the rear to help me hook up. theres a kid at my school with a turbo Civic SI thats only running 2-4 pounds of boost. apparently he cat run anymore than 4. he wants to run and i honestly dont know what to say. i kinda laughed when i heard he wanted to run on only 2 pounds. what should i do? can he take me? dont flame me too bad, this is a serious question

ReVz

Reaction score
Smoke his ass and make sure u give him the hazards.. show that stupid Civic ur tailights, try to race him from a stop If not.. burn his dumb ass from a roll

94gtstang50

Reaction score
His motor is probably about to $hit. Run him and then laugh when you see his head gasket blow up in you rear view mirror. With 3.73's he shouldn't really have a chance. Ditch your spare, jack and anyother extra weight stuff the day you run him.

97GTS

Reaction score
2-4psi?! you sure he's not sandbagging trying to reel you in?! either way i'd run him regardless

97vertstang

Reaction score
run his ass u should be able to take him.quick question d series oe b series honda??

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Thats the B16 motor, 160hp, 110 lbs of torque, weighing in at 2600lbs, says it runs a 15.5 stock. With the turbo hes probably in the high 14's, so he does stand a chance. You'll smoke him off the line, but he might beat you in the top end.

ryclef331

Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Thats the B16 motor, 160hp, 110 lbs of torque, weighing in at 2600lbs, says it runs a 15.5 stock. With the turbo hes probably in the high 14's, so he does stand a chance. You'll smoke him off the line, but he might beat you in the top end.

EXACTLY. Provided your car is mechanically sound, you'll get him. My old roommate ran 13.4s on 10lbs of boost with plain jain street tires in his Si. Granted thats more boost but still. Don't under estimate what you're up against though. Do it from a dig. Good luck.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
go race him and make sure his g/f is in the car with him. with that stall converter and tires he has no chance. just so you know for every 1psi=10HP so what hes pushing 160HP now?!? go rape him...shit if those facts are the truth race him for money and his girl. :rockyou:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
go race him and make sure his g/f is in the car with him. with that stall converter and tires he has no chance. just so you know for every 1psi=10HP so what hes pushing 160HP now?!? go rape him...shit if those facts are the truth race him for money and his girl. :rockyou:

:lol: :lol:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Definetly do it from a stop, no bs roll starts. From the stop you should have a good lead on him before his turbo gets the chance to build up boost.

97vertstang

Reaction score
the reason i asked is cause the 92-95 si have the d16 instead of the b.if its got the d16 no matter what kind of boost ull kill him.if its got a b16 and hes telling the truth ull still stomp on him but 2-4 psi????i think hes bsing u!!!! still race him thats the way ull find out!!!!

94yellowgt

Reaction score
I had a '92 Civic a couple years ago (I know, I know but I had it for the gas milage). It was a hatch back with a B18C motor in it out of an Acura Integra GSR (175 hp and I think 140 on the torque) and the guy who had it before me ran a 14.3 (about 9.50's in the eight), all motor, but that is a 1.8L instead of the 1.6L. It would absolutely smoke a B16 though! Another guy around here had a Si civic with a B16 and turbo with 5 psi and he ran 9.60's in the eight. Civic with GSR and no turbo ran 9.55 in eight. Friend with '00 Mustang with off road pipe, flowmasters and cold air intake ran 9.40 in eight. I think alot has to do with your driving and the other cars driving, but you should not have to worry too much if it is a B16 though.

wytstang

Reaction score
97GTS said:
2-4psi?! you sure he's not sandbagging trying to reel you in?! either way i'd run him regardless
First thing that crosses my mind most ricers are dumb but not all.....

OP
OP
V

VulcanGT

Reaction score
he doesnt want to run em anymore :'( after he saw my car hit second gear he chickened out

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
VulcanGT said:
he doesnt want to run em anymore :'( after he saw my car hit second gear he chickened out

LMAO Get this i kinda had the same experience.

I work with this guy at work he drives many cars, a lowered truck a 4 door honda accord with body kit blah blah blah. well he was in his truck and cut thru the parking lot to beat me to the street well the next big road he had a 8 car lengths in front i went full throttle...well my buddy was behind me in a truck..i flew by this guy...long story short my buddy and him caught a light and he asked my buddy why he didnt race me (he has a 4 door f150 my friend was like are you on crack? The guy proceeded to say he wanted to race me for $500

Skip to today. i saw him after work and i asked what he has done to his accord. he said he would be racing a civic thats "in the family" :noes: i asked again what do you have done? he said put up $500 and find out...i told him make it a grand cash and lets play...he claims this civic out ran a pulleyed terminator by 4 cars from a stop..get this it has full inetior, automatic 4 door. :hammer: i was like ooook. i said well i should be getting my injectors tune and heads by august you want to play then? he said your stock right.......... :gtfo: is this guy serious? i went WOT on him with a 2 3/8 pulley...i said no man Kenne Bell Powered.....he was like O...you have a badass car man. sounds great. i asked again when he wants to race for a grand...he drove off.

im glad you put that ricer to bed. :slap:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
I meant to ask how is he only making 4lbs of boost? did he put 4 tornadoes in a row in his intake? or something?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.