should I do a coolant flush before COLD weather comes

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
So I was thinking about doing a oil change tomorrow, and just thought about the coolant ???, I have had the car 8 months so I don't know when the last time it was changed. Should I do this before cold weather sets in? I have had NO problems with it, but I don't know how old it is,.......so what do you think?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i would atleast get one of those deals to check how the mix is. I dunno wtf they are called but they are basically a big dropper with little balls thats float depending on how your antifreeze/water mix is

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
i would atleast get one of those deals to check how the mix is. I dunno wtf they are called but they are basically a big dropper with little balls thats float depending on how your antifreeze/water mix is

I have never heard of this ??? so is it something that a regular service shop does ???

97vertstang

Reaction score
u should change the anti freeze. c'mon soon ull have a procharger and old anti-freeze ;D

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
u should change the anti freeze. c'mon soon ull have a procharger and old anti-freeze ;D

OH I would definately do it when the blower goes on, I was just talking about for the monts of december / Jan / and Feb. My blower should come around March :angel:

97vertstang

Reaction score
i was just messing with u. u dropped all kinds of cash on the car, and still old antifreeze ;D

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
i was just messing with u. u dropped all kinds of cash on the car, and still old antifreeze ;D

well I dont know when it was changed last :-\ :-\ so I was wondering if I should change it now and then again before the blower install or just wait until then :dunno:. It has not given me any trouble so I wasnt sure what to do :dunno:

97vertstang

Reaction score
what color does it look???if its still greenish its still good, if its brownish i say change it.most dealers change the coolant and oil before they sell a car.

97vertstang

Reaction score
oh it should still last u till u get the blower.when i got my car the coolant was darker than crap literally.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
oh it should still last u till u get the blower.when i got my car the coolant was darker than crap literally.

ewwww, your motor must have had diarrhea :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
your radiator needs to be flushed every 30K miles or once a year. If your coolant starts to look hunter green its time to change it. Its supposed to be neon green,

I would flush it. Just cause if you dont have the right ratio of water to anti freeze 50/50 it could cause problems.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
thats what the antifreeze checker is for to make sure you have the right mixture of antifreeze/water. if it is not just drain a little and add to get it right.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
thats what the antifreeze checker is for to make sure you have the right mixture of antifreeze/water. if it is not just drain a little and add to get it right.

What do you do? unscrew the drain plug let it drain for a tiny bit then close it up?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya i just stuck a pan underneath the drain and let some out and added straight antifreeze (or water if you need more instead) and then i let it run for a little bit to mix properly and rechecked.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
also alot of people dont know Coolant also lubercates the waterpump, if that lubercation goes bye bye, say cya to the waterpump