Should I do it? Is it a good deal?

95MuStEtAnG

Reaction score
I can get a 95 gt convertible with a powerdyne for $3500. But the thing is, they said the heads are blown. They said someone was driving it and they bounced it off the rev lmiter a shit ton of times. Does it sound like that would just screw up the heads? I can't figure out how to get the pics on here, but it is a clean lookin car. Any advice would be great.

Tony Montana

Reaction score
If its in good shape, you could part it out for more then that.

Do you want a project? Or a car to drive right away. If its a project give her.

OP
OP

95MuStEtAnG

Reaction score
I want to fix the car. but first i wanna take the supercharger off and maybe swap my wheels for the cobra r's it has. Then just resell and make my money back. Then i could get the wheels and a supercharer for free. I have never changed heads before, and I was just wandering if that is really the problem, and iif it would be that hard to fix?

S

scarface

I say do it. You can easily put on a cheap set of heads of that is the actual problem.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
theres no telling what the problem is really. he might be guessing for that matter. my dad actually got a 91 5.0 a few years back the guy thought had a blown motor and gave it to my dad for damn near nothing. well when we opened it up the only thing wrong were blown head gaskets and clogged fuel line. That guy was guessing too. it could be something small. but to answer your question yes it's a good deal and no hitting the rev limiter won't screw up heads. I hit mine enough in my first mustang to vouch for that

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea its not bad at all, with what it would cost to take care of it plus the price your in good shape

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I say go for it, if you don't I will :hammer:

If it's a blown head gasket, it's an easy fix. It's just labor intensive because all the crap you have to take off. I'm changing my head gaskets right now on my 88 5.0.

I doubt the heads are messed up.

OP
OP

95MuStEtAnG

Reaction score
I'm gonna get it if everything goes through. I'm afraid they might have threw a rod or something. But what the guy told me is that the owner let someone drive the car and they were cuttin donuts in it and they bounced it off the rev limiter a shit ton of times. That is all i know. I dont even know if it runs, how many miles it has, or what actually happened after they stopped doin donuts (what did the motor start doin or stop doin)? I will know more when the car gets hauled to the owner and i get to go look at it.

G

GREG@SN95

i'd look at it first...

could be trouble...

for a project it sounds good... for a daily driver I wouldn't

G

GREG@SN95

oh... and how many miles?

if its nearing or over 100k I wouldn't bother

OP
OP

95MuStEtAnG

Reaction score
Nevermind, It's not for sale anymore :mad:. The girl who owns it.. Her dad bought her a built up 302 to put in it for christmas. oh well. I only wish my parents had money like that to buy me whatever I need.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95MuStEtAnG said:
Nevermind, It's not for sale anymore :mad:. The girl who owns it.. Her dad bought her a built up 302 to put in it for christmas. oh well. I only wish my parents had money like that to buy me whatever I need.

you will be much better off to BE INDIPENDINT and get your OWN stuff with your OWN money.............it will pay off later in life you will be able to take care of yourself while those daddy/ Girl's and boy's will be lost without their parents money ;)

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
95MuStEtAnG said:

you will be much better off to BE INDIPENDINT and get your OWN stuff with your OWN money.............it will pay off later in life you will be able to take care of yourself while those daddy/ Girl's and boy's will be lost without their parents money ;)

+1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online