Should I do it!!!

Rantheman

Reaction score
Well I just found out my credit card has a 3,500 limit instead of 500 so Should i stroke the stang and get it back on the road I will be spending less then 1,500 on it to get it back together what you think I could pay it off massivly too plus I am getting 700 bucks for my tax returns

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
no, just wait til you have the money in the bank(only smart talk you will ever hear from me)

fixthedoor

Reaction score
It'll definitely feel good to get a kit, but as soon you get that first bill and see the interest they're going to reem you for, that's when it hurts. Wait til you know you can pay it off in a month or two that way you can build some credit.

OP
OP
R

Rantheman

Reaction score
Well I have high credit but I only owe a 150 bucks on this card

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
This is a easy one ........DO NOT DO IT. You should never go into debt on a cc to get parts for your car unless you plan on paying it off AS SOON AS YOU GET THE BILL. Its easy to charge something and then THINK your going to pay it off as soon as that bill comes.....then the bill comes BUT you decide to get another part and you only pay the minimum balance due. BIG MISTAKE :nonono: :nonono:

I know the temptation is there but fight it off, Ive had to many times especially over the last year. I could have gone crazy with heads / cams / and a KB blower on my Cobra and charged it, but I know I would be in major financial trouble in I did it so I have resisted from going that road. Instead I have been putting money away for the last year for my blower + tax time is here and that's going to put me over the top. Now if I have extra money from the sale of my land.........say 3 grand, I will get the KB. Anyway bottom line is I will NOT be charging it on a cc.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rantheman said:
18% and my credit is over 700

damn that's HIGH ??? ??? that's a poor card you have there. My most recent score pulled ( last JUNE for my possible land financing ) was 741 and I don't have one card over 10% granted I only have 5 of them, but they are all good cards with competitive rates.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dont do it bro, dont do it!! just be smart, unlike me, and wait till you have the money.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
no, just wait til you have the money in the bank(only smart talk you will ever hear from me)

I have never not paied my credit card full at the end of the month and I never plan to I mostly use it as a debit card sorta thing If I dont have the money I dont use it. I think its retarded to use a credit card if you dont have the money to pay it off.

smokeybear

Reaction score
don't do it. after all is said and done with interest you could have bought a prebuilt motor.

SMOKE

Reaction score
19mustang95 said:

Ditto .... good advice.
Charge it and pay it off.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
um at 18% man thats like a gas card and they are rapping you. i have a credit score of 690 and my car credit card is 0% apr for a year and a fixed 8% apr for there on after. do not do it...

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
no way lol...the more you put on the card the more the minimum payment goes up so the less you are paying on principal each payment even if you over pay.....i got about 650-700 on my card and my minimum pay is 18 so i pay a 100 each month and between all the finacing and what not w/ payment protections and secuity crap it puts like 65-70 on it lol....being laid off is harder to make them huge payment i used to make

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ive heard tooo many stories from my parents, so i will never even apply for a credit card.. i dont have any experience but just do what these guys are saying, they seem to know what they are talking about and my parents have told me the same thing over and over. dont do it bro. just tuff it out, i haven't had more than 5 bucks to my name for the past 3 or 4 months because i can't get a job. im bummin off the parents, and i haven't done a single mod to my car for 3 to 4 months and im dying to do something! just wait man! :) :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
ive heard tooo many stories from my parents, so i will never even apply for a credit card.. i dont have any experience but just do what these guys are saying, they seem to know what they are talking about and my parents have told me the same thing over and over. dont do it bro. just tuff it out, i haven't had more than 5 bucks to my name for the past 3 or 4 months because i can't get a job. im bummin off the parents, and i haven't done a single mod to my car for 3 to 4 months and im dying to do something! just wait man! :) :)

credit cards are not Bad Trey, its just not knowing or being able TO HANDLE them is whats bad. I have 5 that I use, but I have a 0 balance on all of them. It comes down to being smart with your money and knowing what you CAN afford and what you CANT afford.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
TxCobrA98 said:

credit cards are not Bad Trey, its just not knowing or being able TO HANDLE them is whats bad. I have 5 that I use, but I have a 0 balance on all of them. It comes down to being smart with your money and knowing what you CAN afford and what you CANT afford.

agreed...its not a problem when your get your balance and pay it back to 0 but its when you see that bigcredit limit and go....well i will get it now and just make some bigger payments to get it down.....interest is a bitch!!! you end up paying so much more then if you just waited and paid cash

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
nope dude. Its not worth it.
and trey do what i did when i couldn't get a job. Apply at the grocery store because its ton of teens there (18-19 is still teens ehhe) and its pretty easy to get a job @ a grocery store. Brings in good money for a part time job too.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Credit cards SUCK ASS! First of all DONT DO IT, and second of all heres my credit card story:

I thought it would be all good getting one and doing this "pay off the bill as soon as it comes" BS, FUCK that, i will never get a credit card because i've learned you shouldnt buy shit unless you have the money to buy it, because of this, I got a credit card when i was in college, it was the special "college student" offer and all that razz and it was all online and stuff, well they allowed you to pay online for your payments and every month and stuff, well i payed the 200 the day the online bill showed up and forgot about it, "set it and forget it" right? NO! They fucked me by LYING, and saying that i messed up my account number and didnt take the money. Long story short, i tried to pay it and they bambooxled me and last time i checked it was like 950 that i owed them, THATS 750 IN FEE'S. Just so happened that i lost my job at the time right after i found out that they screwed up and i couldnt pay anything.

Long story shorter, DONT DO IT, and personally i will never fuck with credit cards again.

Baaaad idea. :gtfo:

Just wait for it man and save up, in the long run you will have your kit and everything will be fine, DEBT RUINS LIVES!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online