Should i have went with shorty headers?

sanitarium16

Reaction score
I did the PI swap but i didnt change my headers because i ran out of money. Would i have seen a big improvement ? I head the stock headers flow pretty good unless your making serious power. Did i go wrong by leaving the stock ones?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no, the gain is minimal NA, you did good.
Props for actually looking into it, most people slap on exhaust without looking into the numbers.

I put mine back on, and ran it for 3 years after I did my PI.
they sure look like shit, but you're right, there's no realy HP gain, KB tested them.

they do pop when decelerating BC there's no collector, so I guess the main benefit of shorty's are sound.
Got any pics of your project?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah i agree with D
one of the first mods i did was shorty's way back in 96 because i was used to gaining HP with them on 5.0's....man was i dissapointed! I started seeing dyno results with 2-3rwhp gains being posted in mags etc :'( Now that i'm getting blow they will help but a mild NA car won't need them.

OP
OP
S

sanitarium16

Reaction score
i dont have pics of the install :( but i am lucky i decided to change them because the cam was digging into the head!! The head was ruined so i scrapped them. The car feels a lot more responsive and the sound has changed. It is deeper and more aggressive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online