Should I sell or not

Mbachota97

Reaction score
My car has 122k on it and i have a few mods done to it which are n my sig. Ive been deciding to put some p&p heads on there with either a new bottom end or just a newer stock bottem end and possibly s/c or t/c the car. I would be able to spend 6k maybe 7k to spend if i keep. Im thinking about selling and just buying a car thats already been modified instead of doing it myself. Im just really confused on what to do.Also my main goal is really getting 500hp but it doesnt have to happen yet but i would just like to get a 12 sec car atleast if i keep it. Please any suggestions on what to do. Thanks

Whistler98

Reaction score
I would check the compression on the motor. As long as it is in good running order I would just put a blower on it and then do the heads when you rebuild the motor down the road. That is what I did with mine. I have around 94,000 miles with a p1sc and will do p*p heads when I rebuild my shortblock. But for now it is running strong.

OP
OP
M

Mbachota97

Reaction score
I thought about just s/c it and doing heads later do anybody know how much a kb supercharger is i think if i get one i would like to go with them.

S

scarface

just remember if you sell you will have to pay tax on the new one when you title it...that alone could pay for many mods...at least in Va it would.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why does everyone want 500hp lately? Is the that cool number now? I know most will crash a 350rwhp car let alone a 500rwhp one.

S

scarface

I just want to break that damn 400 mark...just so I can say I have 400 on my non pi engine :)

OP
OP
M

Mbachota97

Reaction score
Well most new cars are coming out with around 400 and i just want to keep up with the newer cars. Thats a number i have in my head that i just want to achieve.

S

scarface

385/361 but only thing thats actually non pi is the heads...I have blower cams, and the Pi intake.

S

scarface

Paxton NOVI-1000 kit (includes-Ford 42lb. Injectors, K&N filter,Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump) @ 8 psi.
Anderson Power Pipe
2.75 Blower Pulley
Lightning 90mm MAF
Bosch 114 bypass valve
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
Vortec t-rex Inline Fuel pump
SMC alky injection
PI intake
180 degree Thermostat
Professional products 75mm TB/Upper Plenum
EGR delete kit
MSD coils
Taylor 9mm plug wires
Autolite AR103 spark plugs
HP292 blower cams 228/[email protected] 531/531lift 114lsa. Blower Grind
Riechard Racing Manual belt adjuster/ ac delete.
Profession products Harmonic Fluid dampener.
Mac Long tube headers
Mac catted shorty H-pipe
Magnaflow stainless catback exhaust system
1999 Cobra t-45 transmission
Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel

OP
OP
M

Mbachota97

Reaction score
How much money around about did you spend on the setup? Have you ran it in the 1/4?

S

scarface

I probably have around 11k total in the car, including the purchase price of 4k. The alky injection, and anderson powerpipe were not on there when it was tuned. I am at 12 psi now, and running meth injection. I should be over the 400 mark when I get tuned for them.

S

scarface

I havent run the car yet...I am working of building suspension that handles the power now.

OP
OP
M

Mbachota97

Reaction score
So did you do everything all at once and thats why it cost around 11k b/c if not then could get something similar with your numbers with 7k

S

scarface

I did everything over a two year period. IF you can get 400+ for 7k good luck. 11k total for a 97 gt w/ 75 k miles, and all of my other mods included in that price. I just listed my engine mods...11k includes EVERYTHING on my car. LAbor is also included in that price.

THis is what I got for 11k
97 mustang gt w/ 75k miles.
Paxton NOVI-1000 kit (includes-Ford 42lb. Injectors, K&N filter,Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump)
Anderson Power Pipe
2.75 Blower Pulley
Lightning 90mm MAF
Bosch 114 bypass valve
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
Vortec t-rex Inline Fuel pump
SMC alky injection
PI intake
180 degree Thermostat
Professional products 75mm TB/Upper Plenum
EGR delete kit
MSD coils
Taylor 9mm plug wires
Autolite AR103 spark plugs
HP292 blower cams 228/[email protected] 531/531lift 114lsa. Blower Grind
Riechard Racing Manual belt adjuster/ ac delete.
Profession products Harmonic Fluid dampener.
Mac Long tube headers
Mac shorty H-pipe
Magnaflow stainless catback exhaust system B&M Short through shifter
1999 Cobra t-45 transmission
Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Foire micro click firewall adjuster/ cable quadrant
Speedcal EXT
Ford Racing 3:73 Gears
Saleen 2 gauge cock pod.
Autometer Boost gauge
2 Autometer a/f Gauges
Racing Seats/ Black(front)
SCT Blue chip
Tuned by Ed Clark @ Steen Racing
Cobra hood w/ inserts
Cobra bumper
Cobra wing
Smoked Headlights
Eibach Pro kit lowering springs
15x3.5 weld draglites/15x9 weld draglites
165/80/15s (front)/ 26x11.5 hoosier quite time pros (rear)
Blue Oval industries U/LCA's
KYB 4 way adjustable front shocks
KYB Rear Gas Shocks

This is all on a NON Pi Engine...should I swap to a PI engine I will be around 500 Hp.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Why does everyone want 500hp lately? Is the that cool number now? I know most will crash a 350rwhp car let alone a 500rwhp one.

I think its because of the 03-04 Corba, I'm not saying that because I want one. With what these cars do stock and what they do with minimal mods ( and I mean minimal....pulley change and a CPU flash and your knocking 430rwhp) they have changed whats required on the street to be in the Big dog category.

OP
OP
M

Mbachota97

Reaction score
well said snakebit and thats why i need some big boy horsepower not this girly power i have right now

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mbachota97 said:
well said snakebit and thats why i need some big boy horsepower not this girly power i have right now

yea me too,................a KB is on the way though :bunny3: :bunny3:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online