Showing off my "new" machine

Tripp

Reaction score
Hello. I'm Tripp from Mexico
I had been searching for my dream car for around two years. If anyone has tried to find a car in inner Mexico, you'd know that it's not as easy as finding them in the USA (at least from my experience). But I've managed to find it. It's a 98, standard, 4.6L, red Mustang. Past owner had a habbit of restoring cars but found their own dream car, and needed the money. So I've got this machine for a dream price! She's 150k km (93k miles)

So I'm very happy to finally make my account here and I have some photos for you guys.

PD. I've made a shopping list for my initial tools and such, should I post it here and get some feedback? Perhaps there's another board for that thread?

Thanks to all

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 25
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 24

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
The fucking bean made me laugh :D

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post questions about tools in the garage section. There is a 96-04 2V specific section for engine questions and such.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Nice ride. Welcome to the forums.

Do you have plans for upgrades? Gears, intake, cams?

OP
OP
T

Tripp

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post questions about tools in the garage section. There is a 96-04 2V specific section for engine questions and such.
Thank you friend will be posting that today.
Do you have plans for upgrades? Gears, intake, cams?
First order of business is my suspension, some coilovers, sway bar, new bushings. Stock suspension has already given it all it had- and I feel like im riding on a boat over a reef sometimes here in Mexico City.
I also need new cats, to pass emissions and my AC fixed. Perhaps I can do another performance upgrade on summer next year
Welcome
C/D would that would be Juarez Mexico . nice find
Thats Ciudad de México - Mexico City. It's a bit far away from the border. It is it's own state hehe

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Thank you friend will be posting that today.

First order of business is my suspension, some coilovers, sway bar, new bushings. Stock suspension has already given it all it had- and I feel like im riding on a boat over a reef sometimes here in Mexico City.
I also need new cats, to pass emissions and my AC fixed. Perhaps I can do another performance upgrade on summer next year

Thats Ciudad de México - Mexico City. It's a bit far away from the border. It is it's own state hehe

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Was in Juarez a couple of weeks ago

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Ya for about month 2 months
But it has settled down
Alway got to be a drug loard wanting to control everything

J_lope82

Reaction score
Stay safe friend. I dream of the day when we are free to enjoy and roam our cities without violence

Thanks!!
Is Mexico City safe to vacation? I heard it’s really nice there and I’ve been wanting to go.

OP
OP
T

Tripp

Reaction score
Is Mexico City safe to vacation? I heard it’s really nice there and I’ve been wanting to go.
Mexico City can be the safest city in the country for tourists. It's probably completely safe if you visit a friend or family member while your are here.

It's an incredibly big city so its hard to give a complete assessment of all districts, get lodging near Polanco, Cuauhtemoc, Condesa, Del Valle. Stay away from Tacubaya, Tepito, Tlalpan, Iztapalapa

There is a great avenue called Avenida Insurgentes that spans the length of the city. If you come, and just want to be super safe without a guide just stay as close to Insurgentes as possible and you will be completely fine and will never be far from tourist attractions, food and good fun.

Don't hesitate to message me if you ever come.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txcoqi

Members online